Mountain pine ridge area options please...

Does anyone who is in Belize or lived there have an opinion on the mountain pine ridge area? I was initially interested it that setting but was feeling discouraged after I learned it was a bit far from town. I haven't visited yet but will book my flight tonight. Im interested in securing a parcel at least 3 acres or more. would like to build a modest home and add on at my pace.

Thanks

Hi,

Have you located a builder as yet?

Hi Phillyman,

I pray all is well with you and your family.  I wanted to give you an update.  My son found our forever home land in San Ignacio.  I'm not sure exactly where it is located but, we will close in about a month.  We're excited 😊.  We won't start building any time soon, but will invest in land clearing and establishing a road.  The property is off-grid with a working farm in the low lands along with two natural springs.  All glory to God, our Belize dreams are starting to unfold. 

Keep me posted on your progress as well

Shelia

Hi Shelia,

Give thanks. I'm excited for you and your family!  It's been a very emotional and insightful night. I just got results back from a dna ancestry test from a few months ago. That's another topic however.
So my trip is booked we leave on October 3rd. Only staying a week. Ive narrowed down my search to the San Ignacio area. I will be staying in San Ignacio for 4 nights. Then headed to Better in Belize eco village for three nights.
I'm already feeling the energy of San Ignacio. I can't wait for the Saturday farmers market!
I chose SI after a few months of research... the twin cities are a great attraction for travelers. It will help when I want to rent the space out. I'm interested in a few acres. 
A farm would be great. My budget is 20K-40k for land and will build later. Most likely a smaller structure so I can enjoy Belize sooner than later and so I can get rental income flowing. I'm assuming I'll have to prepare by landscaping, clearing perhaps, planting trees and crops that can be self sufficient for the most part with the help of a caretaker.

Shelia I have so many questions but I don't want to be invasive. So I will try not to be but if I ask something just ignore if it's not something you wish to share.
I've tried to select a realtor but wow it's an adventure. One guy who is well known dismissed me when I sent a list over that I wanted to be shown because I had a few properties above my budget. Another asked me to sign a buyer/agent exclusivity contract which I will not sign. Still she is very charming and seems knowledgeable. I'm excited to see a parcel of 6.14 acres in Georgeville... asking 25K.
So... your son... what was the process to find the land? Word of mouth? Realtor?
How much to establish the road? I'd just heard it could cost 50K for a mile.
And finally wat size is the parcel and ball park price? I know that's personal it's ok if you'd rather not reveal that. I'm concerned I won't have enough for the 3-10 acres that my heart desires. I just can't wait to bring my twin daughters to see daddy's farm. All they want to kno is ... “when you get a farm can we have two farm dogs” I said yes of course.
Congrats again to you and your son sounds like he did a great job. How long did he look for this land?
Best regards,
Khalid

Fun will start when they ask for 2 horses, and just a few cute goats, and of course they need chickens on Daddy's farm
I'm looking forward to putting in a coffee walk, but not sure if my land will grow cacoa, might have too much Marle.  I now know I will never grow apples in Belize, but the avocado trees growing like weeds yay.
There are dozens of great empty but unavailable lots  of all sizes all over Belize. Folks buy them years before they will be wanting to do anything with them, and sometimes life changes and some never get  built on. I have some  lots around my area  great land that were purchased years ago  some before we purchased but no one has ever been near in the 4 and a half years we've been here. One lot had a road put in, at great expense about 4 years ago but never did anything else as a result the jungle ( well the grassland really) has taken it back. So if you are not going to use it in the near future don't pay to  cut and clear or put in roads until you need them, or you will be paying to do it all again when you come to actually want to build.

oh the goats are already in the plan... can't wait. after I laid my eyes upon the dwarf variety of goats I was head over hoof... (corny ?) Two horses ... (Sigh)... taller order but if I can swing it, it shall be. I learned how to ride years ago but haven't been on a horse probably since I was 14 years old. I lived across the street from a small stable privately owned by one of the most mysterious figures of my childhood. He went by many names and had several wives so the rumor was, traveled often with no passport back and forth to different parts of Africa.