Annual Air ticket and salary performance

Hi can one help me to know about UAE law regarding

1. As per my signed UAE labour contract no annual return ticket added, can I complain to the ministry about it, I am working for 4 years without an annual ticket
2. As per signed re-contract company shall pay me 1000AED on the basis of performance, since 6 months HR/PM/GM not bothering my email/ request and no 1000AED provided

please advise both cases the strong enough to complain and where to complain

ssroha wrote:

Hi can one help me to know about UAE law regarding

1. As per my signed UAE labour contract no annual return ticket added, can I complain to the ministry about it, I am working for 4 years without an annual ticket

Well this is highly dependable on some factors. Like what was realy stated in the contract, maybe you are not given an annual ticket because you are given something of the company in return. Nonetheless you can try and fight on this one. Cause as per labour law you are indeed entitled to your salary and an in and out ticket to your home country.

ssroha wrote:

2. As per signed re-contract company shall pay me 1000AED on the basis of performance, since 6 months HR/PM/GM not bothering my email/ request and no 1000AED provided

Well this point won't be accepted as a complain. This is simply because as you stated, the 1000 AED will be given to you only based on Performance. Now that clearly means they (company) decide when to give it to you  and not when you feel you performed well so you deserve it. And it is also "ONLY" based on performance and hence no other factors such as if the work was done on time. Yes maybe you do work and finish on time, but if it is not up to standard to your company, they can grade it as a low performance.

How is your performance monitored and what is it based on? Who determines the level of performance? are just the few questions you should ask yourself before jumping to complain.

Excerpt from a recent question on the topic:

"There is nothing in the UAE Labour Law that states that an employer has to provide annual flights to an employee and that is purely a contractual agreement. While this is fairly standard for many companies this is a matter of habit and practice rather than legal obligation. Article 131 sets out entitlement to a flight at the end of service. This states: “The employer shall, upon the termination of the contract, bear the expenses of repatriation of the worker to the location from which he is hired, or to any other location agreed upon between the parties. Should the worker, upon the termination of the contract, be employed by another employer, the latter shall be liable for the repatriation expenses of the worker upon the end of his service. Subject to the provisions of the preceding clause, should the employer not repatriate the worker and not pay the expenses of such repatriation, the competent authority shall do so at the expense of the employer. Such authority may recover such expenses by means of attachment. Should the reason of the termination of the contract be attributable to the worker, the latter shall be repatriated at his own expense should he have the means therefore”. It is therefore clear that should a person resign, and have the means to pay for a flight back to a home country, they must pay this themselves".   

So basically, this means that they are ONLY liable to pay for your ticket at the end of the employment and then ONLY if they terminate you (through no fault of your own) and you don't find employment in the UAE.

And secondly, as flex said, the performance bonus is conditional and you can't fight for it UNLESS it is listed as guaranteed in the contract.