Manpower registration

Hi,

My situation i would suppose is a bit unique. I am a Tanzanian by nationality but i hold an Omani resident card obtained through family (not though employed company). I have recently obtained a job offer in Oman therefore decided to relocate here but i am not sure on the Manpower registration issue.

Is the company meant to register me or am i to do it myself? Also, for some reason i have not done a medical check, Is that normal? Usually companies require such procedures and my current employer is reputable and well known worldwide.

Hi ssalum,

If you are going to be employed then your employment visa and your resident card would have to bear the same name of your sponsor / employer only.

In other words, your sponsor cannot be  someone else other than your employer.

All official registrations would have to be done only through the company. No expatriate can go and get anything done directly. The company PRO is a mandatory element of all official dealings.

Without getting a medical fitness certificate, no employment visa can be issued. So getting the medicals done through the GAMCA is mandatory.

But then, in Oman, rules can be bent, twisted, or even broken, if enough pressure can be applied - pun unintended.

you can check www.manpower.gov.om for details