How to proceed after naturalization on DOU

Hi all,

I came across this forum while searching in English and Portuguese about how to proceed after being granted citizenship (published in DOU recently). Unfortunately, none of my searches turned up what I am looking for so I am turning to the forum for help.

I assume that I need to change my RNE to an RG, and I also want to obtain my passport. Several search results also mention a naturalization certificate, but I could not find where to obtain it.

Any help regarding how to proceed to obtain the aforementioned documents (naturalization certificate, RG, and passport) would be greatly appreciated. I also hope to get to know others in BH!

Naturalization certificates are no longer issued.

In there place the government organizations are asked to honor the publishing of your name in the Portaria.

After getting your name published in the Portaria, take your Protocolo with the Pedido de Naturalizacao, your CPF, CIE, and a print out of the portaria page with your name and details mentioned on it to the nearest IGP to submit your fingerprints and get registered for your RG

They will take your fingerprints and your photo so be prepared for that (I was caught off guard as I just went to check on what needs to happen next however they just did the entire process at the same time :))

Your RG should be ready in about 5 to 15 days time, pick it up and then if you are a male, head to Junta militar to register your name with them (applicable for all males under the age of 45), and also get your Titulo de Eleitor sorted.

Once all of that is done, you can apply for your passport immediately

Hope the above helps, if you still have any questions please feel free to contact me at anytime

Thanks very much for your reply.

Could you please clarify what CIE and IGP stand for? Am I supposed to bring the items you mention to the PF where I did my citizenship application to get an RG? The one in Belo Horizonte nearby where I live only accepts appointments made online. Any idea what site I should go to to set up an appointment?

Any further details or website links regarding the military registration, titulo eleitor, and passport application would be much appreciated. So far I have managed to get everything done by following the instructions on different government websites, but am seeing only very outdated articles on how to proceed after naturalization.

Yeah theres not much....my name was in the Portaria for 5 months and they never contacted me, you can find it by searching your full name RNE no and the word portaria online.

Do like Stan says, but take copies of all the documents, simple photo copies
and also take a copy of your marriage certificate as well as all the originals.
They suprised me by sending me running to the mall to get copies of everything done in 15 mins yesterday!

CIE is the real name for the RNE card

IGP - IGP - Instituto Geral de Perícias and organization which facilitates the issuing of Brazilian documents and processes like Poupa tempo in São Paulo

Stan how long did your RG card take to be ready?

Stan , could you please list the documents required for the Military sign on?

My RG was ready on the 5th day, usually it takes anywhere between 4 to 15 days for it to be ready for collection

The only documents I took with me were

1.  RG card
2.  CPF
3.  Proof of residence
4.  Print of the portaria where it stated that I am now a Brazilian citizen

It was a simple process, they issued a temporary enlistment document immediately and asked me to come back after 2 weeks to pick up the original.

Funniest thing was that both the temporary and original looked exactly the same, other than the fact that the original had a stamp on it stating it's “original”

:)