Labour clearance for Oman teaching Job

Hi all I am writing from the UK and was offered a position in Oman back in June 2018. I have submitted all the paperwork including attested certificates yet I still await. I am travelling alone to Oman and this is indeed my first time envisaging to work in the Middle East.
I have read throughout the forum and I am aware of the delays that many have encountered going through this very same process.
I think as well having Eid last week dramatically slowed the process Down.
My question might have most probably been answered but anyways. With September soon approaching is there not a priority list for clearance within the Ministry of Manpower to somehow look into teacher's approval as a priority?

I was told by the school that they would hear back this week, but I am under the impression that they are not certain.
I will wait patiently as I am looking forward to living in this Country embracing the cultural similarities and differences which must make it a unique place.
Many thanks,

Dembo

Thank you for your kind reply.
I am aware that many people are awaiting clearance and I don't want to sound selfish by suggesting a priority list for those doing my Job but the school year starts in September having done all the requested paperwork in July I hoped this was sufficient time to get things done.

Hi all,
Does anyone who is familiar with the labour clearance process or has been through it could please explain step by step of what is happening during that time?
Many thanks

Hi Demboman,

I just did a simple site search for 'Labour Clearance' and I got some 17 pages of related discussion topics and responses.

Much has been already written on this subject which is already available on the forum. If you could scan through the pertinent discussion threads, you will get all the information you would ever need on why these delays occur on an almost unfailing basis.

Hi Simitran,

Thank you and I have done just that you are absolutely right.
Often people in my situation are posting because whilst waiting we feel somehow alone and I guess looking for someone to reassure me is what I was looking for and so are the many who post the same things without reading through the many pages on the forum. 

The most difficult to do nowadays I suppose it's waiting and that is the only viable option in my situation.
I will be sure to post any updates here as soon as I know more because that will help future readers no doubt.
Regards,

Hi,

I think in Gulf Oman is No 1 country and you will feel a good atmosphere over here. Don't worry without any fear come here and you will find very comfortable here. overall Tax Free Country and all ur saving are more than you expect. Just Obey the Rules of any country you have no problem anywhere it's my imagination. Anyhow need any help you can call me ***

Regards

Ashwani

Moderated by Christine 5 years ago
Reason : please do not post your contact details on the forum. Thank you
Demboman wrote:

Hi all,
Does anyone who is familiar with the labour clearance process or has been through it could please explain step by step of what is happening during that time?
Many thanks

It's depend on ur sponsor. It's one day process if have qualified for that position. It's not a big deal but if he have some issue then it's also possible he will not get it or will delay for 3 month 6
Month

Thank you very much for your kind words.
I have been in touch with the school and they are doing all they can to get things resolved but it is clearly out of their hands in my case. My start date is passed now and the only thing I can do is what I have been doing "wait".

I have been told by another candidate that they have had to wait 2 months and they have been told that the visa was rejected. There has not been any indication as to why.
I remain hopeful but the wait was 2 months for them.

Hello,
Looks like we are in the same boat just like everyone else. I have been offered a position of QC Inspector, I gave my interview in May and submitted my documents in mid of July and have been waiting since then, its been 3 months now still no clearance from the ministry. I am in touch with the HR dept and they say its not in their control and are having meetings with the ministry.
You are absolutely right that all we can do is wait and hope for the best.

Dears,
After the travel Ban and lock down in Oman (1st of Sept), do you have an idea on the duration of labour clearance and work visa process?
Regards

Usually the labor clearance & visa process can take from 15 to 30 Days but it depends on your sponsor/ PRO too.

Thank you Asif