What if I dont travel from India to Malaysia after stage 1 stamping?

Hi All,

My name is viral and I am from India. I am planning to come to Malaysia. I just want to know what if I dont travel to Malaysia after stage one approval.

Do I need to do any cancellation?

You need Stage 1 and VDR  (single entry  visa) to travel to Malaysia because you are an Indian national.

Both Stage!1 and VDR expire if unused so don't need cancelling.

There is NO STAMPING at Stage 1 - just an approval letter (which expires)

I am asking what happens after approval letter. As per my understanding, after approval letter we have to submit our passport to Malaysian authorities in home county. They add visa sticker in passport for stage one and after reaching Malaysia again need to submit passport for stage two sticker.

My question is what happens if I do not travel after stage one sticker in my passport. Do I need to do anything from my side ?

Only VDR is in your passport and it expires if you dont use it. Same with Stage 1 approval letter. It also expires if not converted to EP via Stage II process.

Tell the employer you are not joining so they can update database with ESD or MDEC.

The employer's quota to hire foreigners is connected to the Stage 1 approval so they will appreciate being able to release the position and rehire

Is there any penalty to employer from government if I dont join? At the end I want to know what is loss of employer, If I dont join  ? What if employer is not informing authorities in Malaysia ?

If you don't join no penalty. The loss to the employer is the cost of processing the Stage 1 approval. The immigration Dept is aware if the Stage 1 is not converted.

If you don't join the employer may ask for payment of out-of-pocket expenses and block the database for a while which will prevent any other employer submitting a Stage 1 request.

For how much time they can block ?

Up to them but longest would be until expiry of Stage 1 Approval which is 6 months.

(Penalties apply when employer does not cancel EP)

Can we check if stage one is applied or not ? is there any online system which shows status of stage one process.

If I dont share my passport to employer for stage one sticker then also they can block me for other employer.

Actually I have two offers from Malaysia from different companies and one company said that they have processed my visa. But from them I dont have any information or any reference number to check that.

can you add me if you dont mind ?? I have couple of questions to ask

Full* passport copy needed as part of paperwork for Stage 1 approval.

There are lots of scams where employer says "arrive on tourist visa" and claim will get EP after arrival. This is not possible (hence why it is a scam)

No add system necessary on this site. Mail function available from Profile

*every page

There are several systems for Stage 1 applications as well as Agents (best avoided but some employers use them)

https://esd.imi.gov.my/portal/application-status/

ESD is reliable online application system. MDEC does not have a checker.

https://eservices.imi.gov.my/myimms/PDStatus

Immigration website for DP10 applications

First of all thanks for sharing all information. I owe you a coffee :) .

Actually, I have two offers from Malaysia. I just want to know if I do not share my passport to employer  for stage one visa stamping ? what happens if they already got stage one approval and sticker  Process in  India not done ? Can I apply visa with other employer in that case ?

I have checked above both links there are no records found for my self. 
when this systems reflect ?? after stage one sticker stamping or after application of stage one ?

The job offer with first employer is only completed after arrival on VDR. The passport is sent after arrival to immigration for the EP to be stamped (which is called Stage 2).

The second employer can apply after you nicely finalise your intention not to pursue the first offer.

The only issue is the first employer may not cancel the database and clear the way for the second application.  This is unlikely to last very long as they will want to recruit someone else for the position you don't want.

The job offer with first employer is only completed after arrival on VDR.

What if I dont come after VDR?

The passport is sent after arrival to immigration for the EP to be stamped (which is called Stage 2).

If I dont visit Malaysia there is no stage 2

The second employer can apply after you nicely finalise your intention not to pursue the first offer.

I can reject offer of first employer anytime before I join them.

The only issue is the first employer may not cancel the database and clear the way for the second application.  This is unlikely to last very long as they will want to recruit someone else for the position you don't want.

I am planning not to visit Malaysia after stage one sticker and apply other stage one from different employer.
My main concern is should I submit passport for stage one or not ??

No don't get the VDR, because it is only linked to the first job offer. You will need a new VDR arranged by the second employer

Ohk. So the conclusion is if I dont want to go for first employer then just do not submit passport for sticker of stage one.

And I can ask second employer to do process of EP without any trouble from first employer.

I hope my understanding is correct.

Not quite.

a) the sticker is a VDR (single entry visa) and  is not "Stage 1 sticker" (for the umpteenth time !!!!)

b) you may get some resistance from employer 1 (or a request you reimburse their expenses to release the database entry) - mentioned earlier

c) you need to finish the job process with employer 1 before employer 2 files their application

If you in future actually read responses, then matters can be cleared up in a couple of posts, instead of needless backwards and forwards.

I am extremely sorry for asking too many questions. Actually my situation is too difficult. It's been a month, I have accepted offer and signed one page contract document for EP on company letter head in which they have mentioned duration, designation,salary and my name.
I am chasing them from last few days but there is no proper response from my first employer. They are not sharing any information whether they have applied EP or not. I have checked the links which you provided earlier (DP10). My name is not showing against my company registration number + my passport number. Now, I am in very difficult situation due to that I am asking soo many stupid questions. I dont understand how to get out from this situation.  :(:(:(
They are asking for my passport for stamping. I totally lost faith on them.  I am not able to see my name in website (Provided by you) and they are asking me for passport claiming that visa approval will be arriving soon.
I dont know but I didn't get simple thing  what to do in this situation ??
Is it possible from first employer to make any trouble  ??
what happens if I do not submit them passport ??  still they can trouble me ?
I am just planning to ignore them the same way they did with me in last few days ..
Please provide your inputs for last time.

Look, it sounds like a scam or something fishy. They don't need your passport.  You would have to send it to Malaysia and of course you WOULD NEVER contemplate that course of action .

That is why I kept reminding you about the single entry VDR which is obtained from the Malaysian High Commission or consulate inside India (Chennai, Mumbai, Dehli).

They only need your passport after you get to Malaysia in order to get the employment pass sticker placed in it.

http://visaapplicationmalaysia.com/indi … uired.html

This link explains the VDR process. The paperwork required, the cost and payment methods and general arrangements. The employer should be providing the paperwork to get the VDR. That is a Visa Approval Letter (VAL).

For me also its sounds something weird. That is why I am worried. They are not asking to send passport to Malaysia. They asking to send passport within India only. I am not going to send passport until I get any proper document.

I have gone through single entry VDR and as per my research they put one sticker in India which is single entry visa valid for 3 months And after that one more sticker may be after submitting passport in Malaysia for EP which is multiple entry.

On single entry visa sticker they put "Journey Performed"  rubber stamp.

I will share my complete experience after some days. I appreciate your continuous support. Thank you so much for your precious time and efforts.

You need a Visa Approval Letter* (VAL) to get the VDR in India.

*sometimes there is a separate VDR letter if the employer did  not apply for the VDR clearance at the same time as the EP clearance.

When a person enters on a VDR they get a 30 day visa. This is stamped on arrival by the immigration officer.

During those 30 days the passport must be sent by the employer to immigration for the employment pass to be stuck in the passport.

Hi Gravitas,

I got VDR stamped  in my passport from Mumbai (INDIA) consulate and company provided a letter from MDEC. Please find below links to access images of all documents.

DP 10 in Website
DP 11 in Website
MDEC Letter : Page 1
MDEC Letter : Page 2
VDR/ Passport Sticker

Now, I dont want to proceed with employer because

1. They are not sharing an offer letter.
2. They asked me to arrive Malaysia first and complete stage two process, then only they will share offer with me (Which will be post dated as per my assumption).

After all weird condition,  I think its better to get out of this mess peacefully.

I have couple of questions in my mind, I hope you can clear my understanding :)

1. Is Stage 1 = MDEC Letter ?
2. Is VDR  =  sticker in passport ? which is single entry visa valid for 3 months ? If yes, then do I need to cancel if I am not going to Malaysia ?
3. What is visa approval Letter?
4. Can I directly inform MDEC with reference numbers to clear database ? If yes, then How to do it ?
5. How to check MDEC data base? Is there any acknowledgement after clearing MDEC database?
6. Is there any chances of blacklisting ? I want to clear path for second employer to apply stage one
7. If they are not ready for peaceful solution, can I get help from MDEC or other Malaysia government authorities or INDIAN government authorities  ?
8. Anything else I need to take care except cleaning MDEC database.

"You are a lifesaver, thank you for all your effort!"