Two different Visas? Change Visa Category

Hi everyone,

Could anyone please help me with the following question:

Right now I am on a family visit Visa, which won't use any longer and I am applying for a different Visa.

Does the family visit Visa need to be canceled first before I can apply for the other Visa (it is still in my passport)?

And is it possible to get the second Visa somehow within Saudi Arabia without havong to go back to my home country?

Thank you very much in advance!

Anyone?

amz1 wrote:

Hi everyone,

Could anyone please help me with the following question:

Right now I am on a family visit Visa, which won't use any longer and I am applying for a different Visa.

Does the family visit Visa need to be canceled first before I can apply for the other Visa (it is still in my passport)?

And is it possible to get the second Visa somehow within Saudi Arabia without havong to go back to my home country?

Thank you very much in advance!

Your question is not that clear. You are on family visit visa, that is understood. But what other visa are you trying to get. Working visa?

If yes...indeed the family visit visa needs to be converted in to working visa/residency visa. And from what i know...is you do have to exit the country once your work visa is ready. You do not have to exit to your home country per say, but just a nearby country like dubai, kuwait and others will do.

The working visa should be handled by the company employing you. So am sure they will throw more information to you on how things are supposedly to go.

Again your question is not that clear. But i hope this helps.

Yes, thank you very much, this already helped a lot.

The new Visa would be another visit Visa (so no working or residency Visa).
So will the first Visa be cancelled automatically, when I apply for the new one and when they see the old one in my passport or does there have to be a "cancelled"-sign or anything on it/should it be cancelled first at the ministry?

amz1 wrote:

Yes, thank you very much, this already helped a lot.

The new Visa would be another visit Visa (so no working or residency Visa).
So will the first Visa be cancelled automatically, when I apply for the new one and when they see the old one in my passport or does there have to be a "cancelled"-sign or anything on it/should it be cancelled first at the ministry?

not sure if i get it. But how long was your first visit visa? and when is it expiring?

What i know is you can only renew a visit visa. But have not yet heard about transferring from one visit visa to  another. The only way to do that to my best knowledge is for you to exit the country with your first visit visa and get the new one stumped in your passport  while outside, then enter the kingdom with the new one. This when your visa is not multiple entries.

The first Visa will expire in over a year.
What I mean is: Can there be two different Visas in my passport at the same time. I don't want any transfer, I just want a different visit Visa (on a different person).

Will there be any problems when I apply, because the first one is still valid? Do I need to ask the person from my first Visa to cancel the Visa first, before I will be able to get the new one? Or will it be cancelled with my application or can I have two Visas at the same time?

amz1 wrote:

The first Visa will expire in over a year.
What I mean is: Can there be two different Visas in my passport at the same time. I don't want any transfer, I just want a different visit Visa (on a different person).

Will there be any problems when I apply, because the first one is still valid? Do I need to ask the person from my first Visa to cancel the Visa first, before I will be able to get the new one? Or will it be cancelled with my application or can I have two Visas at the same time?

Yes there will be problem and yes you do need to ask the first person to cancel that visa, so that the new person can push in for the new one under his name. All this will take place after you have exited from the country.

Would this be the same for transferring a Business visa to a Work visa?  I should have a business visa within a week because my degree is in the backlog of degrees at the Cultural Mission in WA DC.  Do you know if they can continue the process of attestation while I have my business visa?  I can request a new criminal background check while abroad.  I think I will just need a new medical.  Can the medical be done in KSA or do I need to return to my home country for it?

Thanks!

Thank you very much, that helped a lot.

dnjsmom88 wrote:

Would this be the same for transferring a Business visa to a Work visa?  I should have a business visa within a week because my degree is in the backlog of degrees at the Cultural Mission in WA DC.  Do you know if they can continue the process of attestation while I have my business visa?  I can request a new criminal background check while abroad.  I think I will just need a new medical.  Can the medical be done in KSA or do I need to return to my home country for it?

Thanks!

Yes, your medical will be done in KSA and yes it will be the same as transferring a business visa to a work visa.

Your Business visa can let you do the formalities here in the company you did be working here, while they go on with the process of acquiring your work visa. once all this is done, you would need to exit and re-enter KSA with your work visa.