Jobs in Cartagena for English speakers

American here looking to relocate to Cartagena.  Looking for a job for a native English speaker. Not too picky about the position!

Thanks

Maybe teaching

Have you got toefl qualifications.?

That about your only option.

Americans usually dont go to Colombia to work.

Usually the other way around.

Kind of like going from Canada to Colombia to snow ski

Most people work sometwhere else, save money and come here to vacation .or retire.

check out Minga house foundation in Colombia......tell them John sent you. He is a EXPAT member.

I disagree with Quechimba as I worked in Colombia for 10 years but in an international school and bought a modest apartment there. There are jobs mainly in teaching and with a push to teach more English teaching jobs are opening up. It is not so strange for Westerners to work there. It helps to get a cedula.

Yeah teaching English at max $1000 a month..if you are qualified

Otherwise..nada

Unless there's a vaquerita involved, check out the links below before deciding on moving to Cartagena, which is a troubled city in some respects.

About the first one, www.weatherbase.com ... If you don't like high-80's (Fahrenheit) weather on a regular basis, Cartagena could disappoint you most of the year.

The second is a balanced, non-hysterical report about the realities of Cartagenga.

www.colombianlifestyle.com/safety-in-cartagena

great info!! great articles.

Hi,

I live and work in Cartagena.  I managed to get in to a high tier billingual school and work my way up a bit, but getting an English teaching job is not too hard.  It will help if you at least have a TEFL certificate, but it's not entirely necessary.  Try the Colomboamericano, pay isn't great but it's a pretty easy gig and enough live on and do some traveling, I worked there years ago.