My employer won't allow me to process my tax clea

I recently resigned from a job.  Now,  I need to process my tax clearance. My current employer won't allow me to do it.  I only need the CP22A from them. They are not providing me as its company policy to process employee's tax clearance.  Is there anything I can do to get that form?  or atleast is there any law that says revoking to provide this kind of form is punishable?

Company policy may be to withhold your last month's salary and process your tax clearance against release of same.

Out of interest, how did you get your tax registration number? Also how did you file  your 2017 tax return?

Yes, they are holding my last month salary. That's fine with me. My main concern is they are delaying the submission. This might affect my new EP application right?

Regarding my tax return last 2017. I process it on my own. I just asked for the tax borne letter from my company.

The new EP application may not need tax clearance as its so close to the tax filing for 2017. The new employer should have applied already with your No Objection letter

This is the paperwork mentioned:

u Latest e-BE /e-M tax filing (for Employment Pass renewal or change of position or change of employer)
u Tax payment receipts (if any)
u Latest EA Form (for Employment Pass renewal or change of position or change of employer)
u Account statement from Malaysia Inland Revenue Board (Note: upon request)
u Other documents specified upon request

What do you mean by so close to the tax filing for 2017?

They are not giving me a No Objection Letter that's why I need to go back to my country and wait until new EP is given under my new employer

Read the documents required listed above

The statement is noted as being "on request". The annual tax filing is sufficient

There's really no hurry as you are blocked from getting another EP unless the company shortens your current EP.

They actually shortens it till first week of sept

You still need the NOC unless the rules have changed lately. I guess they shortened to free up their quota.