Dependent pass to Employment pass

I am  in malaysia with dependent pass . i got offer from a company , now  going through visa process .
Online cancellation is done . Company has filed application on 21 aug for MDec approval. I came to know that it will take around 7-10 working days to receive an update from Mdec.
My spouse is also going through visa process from EP to EP ( as he is joining to a new company) .
His last working day is 2 nd sept and he has to exit malaysia on 3 rd sept .
If i didn't get Mdec approval before 3rd sept do i need to exit with my spouse ?

I think your employer could apply for a Special Pass so that you don't need to exit. It's a very messy situation and unusual so hard to know best way. If you leave you would need to wait outside until a single entry Visa with Reference (VDR) is issued.

Thanks for the reply   :)
I would like to know when will be the dependent pass invalid ?
Will it be after my spouse's  physical passport cancellation or when he exit the country ?
Because he has to submit his passport on 27 th aug .  Is it legal for me to stay during these days ?

Strictly speaking the date your husband's work permit (EP) is shortened to, which is why I suggested your employer maybe getting a Special Pass.

You and your husband's passports should be submitted together for the shortening process. The date is usually in the future verified by a flight ticket. Immigration gives extra 2 days to exit.