Internet Providers in Sal

Hi all,

I am heading to Cape Verde in November and would like to get internet installed in the apartment I will be renting.

Any advice on who is the best provider.

I can see that there are 3 good providers, but I cannot get contact details or who is the best along with the packages they offer and cost.

Any help will be greatly appreciated :)

Missye

How did you manage in the end then ?

Mark

There are only two cellular service providers, Unitel (my preference) and CV Telecom. It costs about €10 for a package of 5 GB data for one month, plus unlimited calls to other numbers on the same network and 15 minutes to numbers on the competing network. Locals use only VOiP apps because the calls are free but the quality of the connection is lousy...too slow for good VOiP. Whatsapp gives the best result.

For you home/apartment, you can get WiFi with unlimited data for €55-60 per month...but the operator has to come out to your home so it could take a few days for them to show up.

vwapachey wrote:

How did you manage in the end then ?

Mark

Thanks for that. That made me think about TV stations in English. Are there any available ?. We only had about 3 lousy ones at the Hotel that we stayed. They claimed that "Channel 19" was no longer available to them , so no CNN, SKY , BBC etc.