Bank loans in Oman

Hello,

Finances and banking can sometimes be a headache for many expats, especially when it comes to taking out bank loans.

Is it difficult for an expat to get approved for a bank loan in Oman?

What are the types of bank loans available for expats (mortgage/bonds; business loans; car loans; personal loans; student loans)?

What are the general conditions for expats to take out bank loans (interest rates; timeframe to repay loans, etc.)?

Which bank in Oman is the most popular or accessible for expats regarding loans?

Would you normally require the services of an accounts manager at the bank in order to facilitate the process of taking out a loan? Is this service free of charge?

What would happen in the case of an unpaid loan if you have to repatriate back to your home country or move somewhere else?

Are there any other options for loans aside from the bank in Oman, such as taking out a loan from your bank in your home country, or other types of companies not affiliated with banks, that give out loans?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

hello

actually we don't need a account manager to process the loan, all banks are user friendly,

what i know is bank muscat offering 3.5% for 1 year and 4% for 2 year for personal loan

thanks and regards

Rajveer modi

I think bank muscat will be good choice

Hi

Actually it is not difficult to get a loan for an expat in Oman. One can apply for a loan from the bank where the monthly salary is being credited. Most of the banks only require a salary transfer certificate from the employer and an address proof (utility bill, rent agreement etc).

Type: Most of the time people go for personal loan
Interest rates do change over time but they are still attractive to borrowers.
Timeframe to repay loans - flexible but not very long repayment periods for expats.

Which bank in Oman is the most popular or accessible for expats regarding loans? - Bank Muscat

What would happen in the case of an unpaid loan if you have to repatriate back to your home country or move somewhere else? - Need to pay the balance in full.

I don't have an experience in bank loan but, according to my customers who are working at the bank an
Expat needs a not less than 300 Oman riyals monthly salary for her/him to make bank loan

Take load, when you have capability to replay and ability to take the same. Think wisely, before taking loan.

Yup, as long as you don't need money badly don't make any kind of loans
Bank or for lending company
Specially for people giving loans to individuals I know some and they charging high interest
From 10% to 20%
They are not helping people they are just putting them on a deep loans
In Islam it's forbidden 🚫 to ask big interest for loan
But, for non Muslims they charging too much

Is there a chance of getting a loan without a job? My friend had lots of trouble because his passport and bankcard were stolen. Now he at least got his new passport.
He has to pay an overstay fine of over 3700 but how if he has no access to his account or anything else. He has to pay before he can leave the country. He also has a flight paid.
Anybody knowing someone who would go to immigrations with him and lending him the arisen fine with a loan agreement?

It's mandatory to have company letter to avail the loan. It's kind of NOC the company gives to the bank. The letter contains your salary and also gratuty amount.

Unfortunately banks won't lend anything without that letter. You can ask help from your contacts.

Hi
   My salary 400 OMR, and it transferred Bank muscut. Is it possible to take loan from Bank muscut?..

Where?
he is in Oman?

Al buraimi

@raja1390 Hi Raja

As far as I know, Bank muscat require expats to earn 500 OMR and above and also provide Salalry certificate and Proof of address.  (Your electric or water bill should do)

You can this out on their mobile app.

Hope this was helpful

Hi All,

Now none of the Omani banks are giving any type of Loans to Expats. They have stopped giving Personal Loans to expats since 2020. Only option they will give is Credit Cards. That too based on the Category of the company you are working. If your company is not listed then they dont give the cards too.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Manjunath H S

Hi Team

I am looking for the Bank loan as my salary is RO 750/- and credit every month into bank Muscat account but my is not listed for corporate relations with bank Muscat

@Sohailgill1  then it's impossible for you to get a loan.

it's one of their requirements

Is there in Oman any people give loan with interest rate

Is there in Oman any people give loan with interest rate

-@raselnbd

Banks.