Moving and seeking advice

Hello everyone,

I'm Kat and we (wife.kids) are planning on moving to Siem Reap in September/October of 2019. We are researching Visa options and are hoping we can extend once we get there for 6 months to a year.

My questions are more geared toward day to day living.

1. How hard is it to find an 2 bedroom apartment or home with twin beds? Will a landlord switch out for twins?

2. How much should we reasonably expect to pay in rent for a serviced apartment?

3. We have a dog, a small 7.5 one. I'm seriously leaning toward leaving her here. Am I going in the right direction?

4. Visa wise, if we own our business or work remotely can we use that for the  business Visa requirement?

5. Neighborhood recommendations?

I think that's all I have for now and if my questions are redundant please delete and point me in the right direction.

Hello.

The answer on your question number 4 is no. In order to get a business extension of stay you need to be working for a Cambodia registered company.

But you could get a 6 months General extension with no hassle.

Be aware that your kids also need visas and extensions.

For the dog it would be better to stay in the environment she lives in now, but that's my personal opinion.

As for apartments, it is up to your personal demands if it's easy to find and what it costs.

Good luck.

Joe
Cambodia expert
Expat.com team

Thanks Joe! In particular to question number 4. I wasn't quite sure after reading numerous blogs and other resources.

You're welcome.

On Expat.com you get the right answers, we are keen on getting and distributing the latest news and info, certainly about the important issue of visas and extensions.

Cheers.

Joe