Looking for first hand information.

Hello all.
I am a Canadian looking at the possibility of relocating my family to panama.
I seek advice and first hand knowledge from those familiar with Canada and Panama.
First.
How is the political climate in Panama compared to Canada? I see Canadian politics and society becoming more and more toxic and am looking for a more stable environment for my family.
Second.
Real estate.
I have been seeking information from many real estate websites about rural properties. Would anyone care to recommend a resource to research available properties and costs?
Third.
Weather. Any Canadian knows Canadian seasons. I have read that there is a significant rainy srason. Has anyone regretted their move because of weather?
I am certain to have many other questions later in my quest for info.
Thank you in advance for any and all insight you have to offer.

Mark.

It is highly recommended that you rent for at least 6-12 months before buying anything. Try it out to be sure it works, and local friends can help you know fair prices and find possible properties by word of mouth. I live in David (Chiriqui) and know someone here https://blog.thepanamaadventure.com/201 … in-panama/

I much prefer the rainy season. Morning are beautiful, rain usually comes sometimes in the afternoon, clears up in the evening, everything is lush and green.

I'm from the US so can't comment on Canadian politics, but talk about toxic in the US... sheesh. I'm much happier here!

Thank you for your reply.

i agree i lived in the country in a small community for 7 years 5 minutes from lake gatun ,, i could live comfortable there for 700 a month ,, i supplicated my income as a fishing guide and raised quail and sold eggs ,, i have been here for 17 years but that was the happiest 7 years of my life .. we raised so much of what we ate ,, i even raised a pig for slaughter every year paid 35 bucks for baby fed scraps and fruits we got out of our trees and put 150 pounds of smoked  pork in the freezer every year ,, dry season was ok because we lived only 20 miles from the Caribbean and 5 miles from the lake so we had year round breezes ,, that place is up for sale again and could be rented for a short time to get a feel for the country life   but yes rainey season is best