Is there a nice beach near Santo Domingo ??

arriving 3 SEPT  for a month

Plus any  tips

scooter   car rental numbers  emails addresses

jdc

Beach near SD - Guayacana, Juan Dolio, Boca Chica. These are all past the airport. There is nothing closer.

Where do you want to rent a scooter?

i have difficulty walking  so i rent scooter everywhere i go  so i can explore

In Santo Domingo you want to rent and drive a scooter?

I first stated riding bikes in 1956, raced in scrambles, had many types of bikes. belonged to a biker club. And yet, refused to ride in Santo Domingo. I'm going blind quickly so can't ride any longer, would if I could. I'm an old fart now, take it from me, No Scooter or biking in SD!  This from whom no one ever called a "wuss"!

The Dominican Republic is effectively the deadliest nation anywhere for drivers, second only to the tiny South Pacific island of Niue, where each death among its roughly 1,400 inhabitants spikes the fatality average.
The problem is so bad that the U.S. State Department dedicates 10 paragraphs on its travel website to warning visitors about the hazards of driving in the country. U.S. officials recommend that tourists hire a professional driver when visiting, but if that's not an option: "Be aware that the utmost caution and defensive driving are necessary."

Traffic deaths are the top killers of men in the Dominican Republic, with many of the accidents involving motorcycles, said Felix Hernandez, who oversees operations at the Ney Arias Lora trauma center.

"This is one of our biggest epidemics," Hernandez said. "We must strengthen traffic regulations by implementing penalties because that's where it hits people hard."

I have been driving and riding motorcycles for over 30 years in the United States. I will not drive or ride a scooter in Santo Domingo.  If I can't walk to a destination, I call my personal Uber drivers.

Thks 4 Tip  UBER   yes  use Philippines     beat the cowboy trikes and non uber taxis

THKS

What about advice on sim cards  And  recharge with internet DATA 
All help appreciated

Sim cards are easy to get. Data will depend on how much you need.  Your phone, if brought, will have to be unlocked.

great

i have few phones  all unlocked   ..  great info  thks

THks 4 TIPS

i book at  Club Rolling  Stone by beach  Boca Chica

THks 4 TIPS

i book at  Club Rolling  Stone by beach  Boca Chica

Enjoy honey!