Vinyards interested in Exporting

Hi All,

I posted a couple of days ago but not sure if it went up.
I'm based in Ireland and I'm interested in importing some wine for some local outlets and eventually online.
I'm currently working full time in another industry but I have family in Lucca and I visit every year, so I'm familiar with the place!
It would be great if someone out there could recommend a couple of vinyards, nothing too big, and perhaps some good prosecco producers so I make a few tentative contacts.

Any info would be a real help
Regards
John

I am sure you are aware that every region in Italy produces wines. So, I suggest focusing on which region of Italy you want to import wines from . Then do a search on line of wine producers associations to find out which wineries is looking for distributors and, lastly , visiting them to taste their wines. I may have missed the point on how you want to import wines without get to know the producers and tasting their wines first. tasting
Another suggestion is to attend regional wine events .
A couple of years ago I attended a pre Amarone release tasting in Verona and discovered numerous wineries looking for importers. In that same city, there is VinItaly every year in April where wineries from all over Italy showcase their wines as it is attended by buyers from all over the world. So my primary suggestion in your desire to import wines from Italy would be to attend VinItaly, which is one of the largest wine events in the world where you can make connections with and taste wines of wineries across Italy.
Hopefully this helps
Salute

Hi,

Appreciate all the information, I'll have a look at those. Yes, I'm really only focusing on Tuscany as its an area I'm familiar with.
I've been looking at vinyards, but they all seem to do be a bit more on the commercial side with accommodation, wine/cookery classes etc.

I do plan to make a specific trip whenever I get a clearer idea as to what direction I am going.

Thanks again, I'll start chasing up.