Information about dryanovets in Ruse region

Hi my name is Peter, can anyone tell me anything about Dryanovets in the Rouse Region.

Thanks

Bergholt 41 wrote:

Hi my name is Peter, can anyone tell me anything about Dryanovets in the Rouse Region.

Thanks

Hi Peter I can help you?
You buying a house in this village? Personal message me?
Cheers Steve.

I have a house there, i was wondering what its like to live there

Hello Peter,
I to have a house in Dryanovets Ruse region what do you want to know about? how long have you owned a property their.
I have just returned from their this week after spending  a month their with me wife and 6 year old son.
weather great, scenery great,

Hi, I have owned the property for over a year, I have been unable to go there. I plan to go there in the hext mth.
The property needs updating.
Are there any English speaking people there?

Peter

I have my house there too although I can only visit as and when possible there are a couple of English people apparently in the village, also there are more English speaking in Byala.

Hi Peter, have you actually been to the village to view the house or have you brought it through an agent with photos of the house? If you have where in relation to the main square is the house. Their are a few English families that own houses in Dryanovets and the next village Koprivets. Most I think only visit but I know of one English person that lives their all year called Robert who is more or less self sufficient growing his own food etc.
Their are at least one other couple in Koprivets that love all year in Bulgaria.
We Havexall purchased houses their that need work doing to them. I am a builder and have spent August and part of September their fitting a bathroom and shower room in my property and another builder from the U.K. was doing the same whilst we were their.
If you are looking to have some work done on your house, stick to the Bulgarian or English builders over their. Do not employ the Roma gypsys or the Turkish Gypsys. They are dark skinned like Indian or Packistan looking and are to be avoided at all cost.
Simon

Hello Steve where is your house in relation to the Square where the post office and the mayors office is. When was the last time you had the chance to visit

Hi Simon,

Yes I  went to view it,
It still has an outside toilet and no bathroom.

It does have a very large plot to grow all i need.
What does it cost to have a toilet and shower put in?

Peter

Hi I am up the hill in front of the dairy farm, I know all too well of the dark skinned traveler! I was over in June/July it rained ha-ha!! I have a guy I know from Byala who looks out for me while I am away. had the odd hiccup along the way. Are you permanent or visiting off/on?

Hi, At the moment it's once in a while.
I plan to move over as soon as everything is sorted out.

Peter

Hi Peter, what do you need doing to enable you to visit or move their on a permanent basis. We can do the work for you but you really need to be their to pay the bills and have some feedback on the requirements. I also know a Bulgarian builder in the next village who could do this work for you

I'll have to get the electric on buy a kettle and some mugs in case you knock on for a brew ha-ha! I like the village the views the space etc... but leaving the house empty does give me concern. Have you looked into security? I have noticed a few security signs on peoples gates? How long have you had the house?

I have some work required? Electrics, had a re-wire but got broken into and stripped some of the cables! A boiler and toilet replacing taken with the cables!! (Maybe a fire breathing Dragon to keep away intruders!) Seriously any help you can offer regards getting the Electric and water on would be marvelous, are builder went awol a while ago! Cheers Steve.

I have had the house about 2 years. It has a metal entrance door and built in bars on the windows.
It would be great to meet up.

Peter

Hi Steve. I have had the house just over a year. I know roughly where your house is. My friend Alan has 2 houses up their and his wife owns the White House that has no windows in it.
As far as break ins are concerned, unless you are their full time this is going to happen and it is usually the brown ones that are doing it. Like I said before do not employ any of the gypsys to do anything inside the house and don't let them in the house. They can be used for outside work like clearing the garden etc. If you let them in they can see exactly what you have and because they have nothing they will steal it.
The security stickers you see on peoples gates are put on their by the security firm that you pay the mayor 84 Lev a year to be part of. I have paid this and I know of other English and Bulgarian houses paying it. I personally have not even had a sticker put on my house even though I have asked and payed the bill for the year. I have never seen anyone from the security firm driving about the villiage either. I think that if it is paid the mayor puts the word about that the house I has paid security and if anyone gets caught for breaking in they will get a good hiding from the mayor.
You need to put decent English locks on the doors. The locks they have in Bulgaria only have about 6 key variations. So basically if you brought 6 locks and all had different keys you would be able to get into every house without causing any damage.
We were trying to get over in November to do some more work on the houses but it depends on finances for me although I think Alan is definitely going for a month. When were you planning another trip their. I know a Builder their that I could get in contact with and ask him to meet with you if we are not their when we are.
It was probably the builder that stole the cable and the boiler that is why he has disappeared.
Cheers
Simon

Hi Simon thanks for the reply I doubt I will be visiting till next year now? Without any electric and water I can only do limited jobs, painting and varnishing mainly, the locks are OK I had the bottom panel kicked in one time would have loved to be on the other side with a smile and a bat!
Anyhow I did have security too and never saw nobody, you are probably right regards the mayor I had a visit from him one time to my house telling me to go to his office if I had any trouble? I kind of take it all with a pinch of salt to be honest now, I know when I am there then it is fine, same as anywhere. Anyway thanks for the info' and I'll catch up again sometime with you.
Cheers Steve.

Hi Peter. Where abouts is your house in the village in relation to the main square where the mayors office is.?
We are trying to get over in November to do some more work. Failing that it will be next March April as the temperature is dropping and their winter is on its way. We will be out their for the whole of August next year as well. Hopefully if you are out their when we are we can have a meet up and a beer in one of the bars or houses.
If you are thinking of moving their and growing your own food etc I will introduce you to my neibour Rob who has been self sufficient for the last 2 years and has grown almost everything.
If you have an iron gate and good locks and window bars your house should be fine. I think they only break in to steal stuff it they know it is in the house. If they can't see it or know it is in their you should not have any problems.
Hopefully see you in Dryanovets in the future
Simon

Hi Simon,
I have to go out there hopefully in October depends on the weather.
Yes it has a high wall, iron gates, bars on the windows and metal doors.
The owners family took a lot of items that were sold to me with the house.
I doubt that i will have any chance of getting them back.

It would be good for us all to meet up for a drink.

Peter

The hotel Verona in Byala is a nice place to stay, I use it regularly Ivo the evening/night attendant can be helpful and knowledgeable of the area, also the owners the mayor in Byala therefore friends with the Dryanovets mayor too.
Enjoy your stay sorry to hear about your stuff although it doesn't surprise me, I'd ask the mayor to inquire about it he might be able to help but it is a shot in the dark in all truth?
Maybe I can have a beer with you too ha-ha!
Regards Steve.

Hi Peter, sorry to say that if the owners family removed the items from the house you will have no chance in getting them back. When you purchased the house was they included on an itinerary listing all the items you had purchased?
The same thing happens to everyone I know their. Either the family take it or it is stolen by the gypsy. I brought my house furnished with a fridge freezer etc when I go there their was no fridge freezer no fridge no tv. The only thing that was left were some beds with piss stained mattresses and some old pots and pans.
I think unless you are actually their this will be part of the course.
We will definitely meet up for a drink at some stage when we are both their for sure.
Cheers
Simon