What is a good city

Besides the big most famous cities like Warsaw, Gdansk and Krakow ; What other cities are suitable for an American retiree ? Anybody have any good suggestions for me ? I have googled a few and some that look ok but was hoping to get some first hand opinions from people already living there. Places you think are not good and why.  Cost of living is important but so is having decent Malls and restaurants to go to including safety and health care.

Thank you very much

Check out Bielsko-Biała: medium sized city, located near the mountains, and just about 50 km from Katowice and Cracow.

The City has highest number of millionaires living in whole Silesian District per capita, it has Decent Malls etc. Not a popular tourist or expat destination, just good place to live, especially if you love to hike.

Basic info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bielsko-Bia%C5%82a

Thank You,
Looks like a beautiful City.
What is the cost of living compared to other cities in Poland ?

You can use otodom.pl website to check out prices for renting a room, flat or whole house in different cities. In BB It's generally about 30% lower than in big popular cities, rest of the costs like food, etc. are similar.

Thank you.
Is it possible to get otodom in English ? I do not know any polish.

Well probably by using google translate.

When you enter the site, you see basic form divided into 4 fields and send button (Wyszukaj).

Few hints,

1st field:

mieszkania = flats
domy = houses
pokoje = rooms

2nd:

na wynajem = for rent
na sprzedaż = for sale

3rd:
it's city/village and district/voivodship after a comma, start typing "Bielsko" and it will propose "Bielsko-Biała, śląskie" -> select it

4rd:
distance from the selected City +0 km = city only

After clicking "Wyszukaj" you will see details. If we talking about rental 1500 zł / mc equals 1500 zł per month, currently for one $ you will get about 3,7 zl

If you are seriously interested there are real estate agencies in BB with english speaking staff.

Thank you very much a gain. That worked fine. Yes I am serious about moving there but have to find out if I can get like a Retirement visa or long term visa based on my Retirement from US ????? You know how that works; requirements ???  I got a link to Visa section to Consulate services but I can not figure out what type of Visa there would be suitable for me. You have any info for me on that ? Would really appreciate it.

Thank You very much

Unfortunately I don't know much about visas etc.

Maybe this kind of questions has been asked here at expat.com too?

You can also checkout polish/poland channel on reddit and ask there, this kind of questions are occurring there often, and I'm sure competent people will respond.