Convertible account

I am a UE citizen. I've recently been offered a job in Morocco. I've learned that Moroccan Dirhams is a closed currency. I've read thousands of articles about banking transaction options in Morocco which are quite different from what I'm used to. With that being said...is there any one out where who could please tell me if it's possible for me to pay my bills in my home country while working in Morocco? My mum is my dépendant I must pay monthly bills.

I know I can't use Western Union.

Is it possible for me to pay my bills back home from Morocco? Or to transfer money to my foreign account back at home?

I kept my us bank account and linked it to a citi bank account. I pay bills out of my us account but transfer money to my Morocco account via citibank.
Hope this helped

Thank you for helping me out. Have you linked your Citibank account to the old one in Morocco? People have been telling me that there is no way to get an outbound transaction done in Morocco and it really discouraged me from entering the country...

I can't link citibank to my morocco account but can do international transfers from citibank. There are a couple of programs you can use to send money from Morroco to your bank account in yhe states.  One is Western Union

Thank you very much. :)

im gonna get back to you with the proper informations

Thank you very much Faical.

already done ,

please be informed that you can transfert you money if you have contract

check your inbox

Hi I'm thinking to move to Morocco but was having the same problem as you. Were you able to make the transfer. I live in canada and from what I read you cannot transfer money outside of Morocco?

Hello, I am in a similar situation- I will be living and earning money in Morocco but will need to send money to my family in the UK and I am concerned that it won't be possible. Can you please let me know what information you have about this? Thanks! :)

You can't do it. But you can ask the company to transfer your salary to your uk bank account, or you can go to the western union in Ceuta and transfer money there from time to time. I think there is a limit to how much you can send in a year. I also heard you can get a letter from the centrale bank in Morocco to have it done but you have to have proof of why you need to send the money every month( this is what I heard).

Thus why I kept my US account and transfer money to my Moroccan account. See if you can link the two accounts. Citibank is in Morocco check that account out too.

Ask the employer you're going to work for, if they can direct deposit into your UE account back home or pay you in Euros; that way you can open converter account.  If you do get paid in MAD, but it appears there is no way to send large amounts. I really don't know, because I haven't research it. Common sense would time me you should be able to, because foreigners buy and sell houses there.