Exit visa 6 months rule passport

This is jen
Just want to ask the rules regarding application for exit visa. My passport will expire nxtyear April 2019 and my contract will end this November. I heard rumors that my passport should be valid 6 months before it will expire so that EXIT VISA will be issue. Will I encounter any problem in this case. If I leave by November my passport still valid for  5 months . Need advise. Thankyou

visajenielyne wrote:

This is jen
Just want to ask the rules regarding application for exit visa. My passport will expire nxtyear April 2019 and my contract will end this November. I heard rumors that my passport should be valid 6 months before it will expire so that EXIT VISA will be issue. Will I encounter any problem in this case. If I leave by November my passport still valid for  5 months . Need advise. Thankyou

Where will you be exciting to is the question here. Are you going back to your home country? or are you going to another country?

If you are going back to your home country, that rule of 6 months validity is not applied, as you are going to your own motherland. Once you are there you can easily renew your passport and be free.  But if you intend of traveling to another foreign  country that is when you will have a problem with the 6 months rule.

Hope this helps.

Thankyou Flex14
I will be going back home to Philippine for good. Thankyou for your nice reply. Godbles