Sending money from Vietnam specifics

Hi all,
As I am looking to save money while teaching English in Vung Tau Vietnam I need to work out what I will do with my money and how I can get it to Australia to pay bills ect.
I have heard that many English teaching jobs are payed cash in hand, what will I do with that physical cash to get it to Australian bank account.

I am looking for quite a specific answer if possible as I have done some reading and not had a clear idea of how this could be done efficiently and legally ect.

Thanks so much, this forum is great,

Eddy.

This may help.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/transfer … hew-lourey

Here is a forum thread that may be helpful:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=557695

I believe there are other threads on the same subject

Try Maritime Bank, just bring your passport.. As I do it  too sending money back home in Philippines and I don't have certificate of employment or contract. They let u send up to 1000$ in a month..

everyone  to send money have to be having a contract and probably work permit, how does someone send without them! how possible and what could be the charges?

Yes,the bank allowed me... By western union as long the money in dollar's and charges u pay in dollar's too! 10$ charges!

Hi. How does Maritime Banks works? my mom is working in Vietnam and we really need to find a way on how to send money to PH. Thank you

Mabbie wrote:

Hi. How does Maritime Banks works? my mom is working in Vietnam and we really need to find a way on how to send money to PH. Thank you

What is PH?

colinoscapee wrote:
Mabbie wrote:

What is PH?

Philippines

I live in the U.S. and have used Share Money to send from my bank account here to Sacom bank in Vietnam for pick up by recipient. It works very well. Small fee is charged. However, I don't know if that would work sending money out of Vietnam.