Wind turbines

I am planning on building near Tamarindo and want to.put up a 1kw turbine. Who sells them in CR or can install the grid tie inverter? Any insights or information would be helpful.

Don't you know our great President of the USofA has stated that wind power is very dangerous and should not be supported. Coal or fracking or etc is better, says he.
So think about that....
:/:joking:
Couldn't resist...
Sorry I don't know the answer to your question though.
I've not seen any wind turbines here in Costa Rica but a friend of mine drove up through Guanacaste and he said he saw some up there. I also think they have them up towards Tilaran near Arenal Volcano. You might ask around to people in those areas. Sometimes these little communities of various places around Costa Rica have FB pages.

Lots of huge ones are located in Guanacaste, however, not for personal/home use.

There is a new company starting up in the San Jose area I think. They are called Skytwister. They hope to be operating in 6 months. I hope it's not on Rico time. There is hope.

I heard from skytwister. The smallest system they will make is 2kw for 10k usd.  Cheaper to import one ......LOL