Employment Process in Malaysia

Hi Guys, I am new member here and in this forum.
Just want to consult regarding the process for Malaysian Working Visa btw I am currently employed in the Philippines. I received an offer from a company in KL, Malaysia and I am worried about the process of the Work Permit. They told me that there's 2 stages on this one.

These are my concerns:

1. How long will it take to get approved in the stage 1? (after stage 1 get approved they told me to go to malaysia for the 2nd stage)
2. How long will it take to get approved in the stage 2?
3. If I 2nd stage was approved whats the next step on that? As I need to go back to the Philippines to settle everything. I am currently rendering my notice period in my company.
4. Also in the Philippines we need to go back to get an OEC and PDOS.

I hope I get a clear answer for these questions. 

Thank you so much. :)

It's impossible to say how long Stage 1 - Approval of EP application - will take. But I think the OEC and PDOS are required at this stage. This is why Stage 1 can take quite a long time.

You will need a medical if salary is under RM5000 per month. This is done in the Phillipines and there is a follow-up chest x-ray etc. after arrival in Malaysia

To arrive in Malaysia you will need a Visa Approval Letter (VAL) and a SINGLE ENTRY visa issued by the Malaysian Consulate in the Phillipines (its called a VDR which stands for Visa with Reference).

Once you have the VDR and VAL you are ready to travel to Malaysia to take up the job.

As long as the medical on arrival is passed, then Stage 2 takes place

Stage 2 is when your passport is sent to immigration so that the EP can be issued and stuck in your passport

By this time you are working full time in your job.

Thanks Gravitas. My salary is above 5000 RM. And they said that they will do the stage 1 first. Whats the process for that? TIA.

Submit documents about company, job and you. Wait for approval.

There are sectoral approvals first then immigration will make it's decision.

Onle risk is rejection because a Malaysian can do the job.

I think you will still need a VDR as you are ASEAN citizen.