Job Seeker permit visa in Berlin

Hi all. I am from the US and hoping to get the job seeker permit. My 90 day tourist visa is running out so I am hoping to apply from within Berlin soon. Since I am American, it is permitted for me to apply from within Germany, instead of back home right?

1. It says you need proof of accommodation or residence permit. Can I instead show I have enough funds to secure something? Can it also be a short term room in an apartment or airbnb?

2. How do I find out a list of which travel or health insurances is acceptable ? Is it general?

3. Am I allowed to travel outside Germany in case of vacation or emergencies on this permit?

4. What if I get offered a job from a company in another country in the EU on this permit? Is that okay as well?

Any help please

Here is the official German government website with information about visas:

http://www.bamf.de/EN/Migration/Arbeite … -node.html

To your questions: I have to first state that an American can stay 90 days for tourism upon entering the EU. This is visa free and not technically a tourist visa. The job seekers visa is not a job permit in itself. It just gives you permission to look for work. If you get an offer then one usually will then be given the work permit if you were able to qualify for the job seeker permit. If you find a job in another country in this time then you still have to apply for a work permit there. Having gotten a job seeker visa in Germany will not guarantee you anything in another country. I've never heard any limitations that you couldn't leave Germany during the time you are on the job seeker visa but that means you have less time to find a job.