Resident permit for dependent

Im staying in mauritius with dependent residence permit. M i eligible to work? As they have mentioned a point "It is not authorised to engage in any gainful activities during her stay". I Have a job offer where they're ready to provide work permit. But because of that point doubt as been arisen.

You are not allowed to engage in gainful activities ( and this goes for all those "tutors" working under the table)  on a "dependent resident permit".
However, you are allowed to seek employment and if qualified and competent  and have skills not readily available on the island , you can be hired in lieu of a local candidate.
Depending on the permit , either Occupation Permit ( Rs 60K per month except for IT jobs) or Work permit ( less than Rs 60K/month) , your prospective employer has to prove that there are no Mauritians able to perform that function and , if it is a work permit that your employer is willing to apply for on your behalf, you will have to be away from the island whilst your file is under study and being processed by the Ministry of Labour.

hope this problem sorts out.
Cant the dependent permit cancelled and the company can opt for work permit?
i have been selected to IT company.

Your spouse or parent ( I don't know your personal situation) can ask for the cancellation of your dependent permit.
Then you will have to leave the island whilst the company apply for your work permit and wait for its delivery  before coming back.

thanks for the information :)

Is there any alternate way without leaving mauritius, can opt for work permit.???

Why don't you get familiar with the rules and terms of the government ?
http://empment.labour.govmu.org/English … fault.aspx

thanks let me have glance look on it