I want to meet other Ex-pats

Hi all!
I'll be in the DR, Cabarete, May 21 - 28 to explore the area as a possible retirement location. I'm hoping to hook-up with other expats to gleen info on living on the North Coast.
I am a single female, RN by profession, currently living in a tourist destination in Southwest Florida, Marco Island.
Are there any "usual" gathering spots for expats in Sosua, Luperon, Puerta Plata and Cabarete? I'll have a rental car and enjoy Presidente beer.

Thanks!
Mary

Hey  Mary  let's  plan to meet up one day in Puerto Plata. We can  meet on the Malecon for a beer or  whatever as long as it is bloody  cold.

I guess it is time to organize an Expat-Blog meet up in the Dominican Republic. What do you think planner?

Yud wrote:

I guess it is time to organize an Expat-Blog meet up in the Dominican Republic. What do you think planner?

I am in!

Depending on when... count me in

Bob K

Ok  then  let's get this done.   May 21 to 28th  Mary is here,  what day  do you want  to meet?????

North Coast location:  I  vote for Puerto  Plata then after (or before) anyone not from POP  can shop at La Sirena......LOL

Sounds good to me but I was thinking of a nice beach bar in Cabarete maybe for happy hour sunset???

Bob K

I am flexible.......whatever works for everyone.

Hey Darlene and Bob K,

I'm up for whatever you locals say. Is there any place to avoid because of not-so-cold Presidente?

Thanks
Mary

no lamento wrote:

Hey Darlene and Bob K,

I'm up for whatever you locals say. Is there any place to avoid because of not-so-cold Presidente?

Thanks
Mary

NO worries on that front  cold  presidente is a national  requirement!!!

Ok Planner and Bob K,
Give me some addresses that I can Mapquest before I leave here along with flexible timelines (I don't have a laptop). Remember, I'm on vacation and I know y'all aren't.
Can't wait to hook-up even for a cold one or two!
Mary

no lamento wrote:

Ok Planner and Bob K,
Give me some addresses that I can Mapquest before I leave here along with flexible timelines (I don't have a laptop). Remember, I'm on vacation and I know y'all aren't.
Can't wait to hook-up even for a cold one or two!
Mary

I for one won't put my  address on a public board.....LOL  BUT I will send it to you in a  private message.......

Mary I also won't post addresses on a public board but also sent you a pm.

Bob K

Darlene and Bob K,
The addresses I'm most interested in are for good hook-up spots. (aka bars!) Good local food, too.

Thanks!
Mary

Cant we have one in Colonial Zone? Planner, when you move here we will have to do a get together. By the way, this is Janette.

RD_Gringa wrote:

Cant we have one in Colonial Zone? Planner, when you move here we will have to do a get together. By the way, this is Janette.

OF  COURSE we can!!!!!!    I move  June  18th honey.  Then we can do this on a semi  regular basis......LOL

Planner

After all these years on the north coast you are leaving us for the fast life in the big city?????

Bob K

Send Planner a PM. She has been her for a long time and recentlly relocated to Santo Donmingo.

Bob K

Bob K wrote:

Send Planner a PM. She has been her for a long time and recentlly relocated to Santo Donmingo.

Bob K

Thanks  BOB!!!!!

You are welcome (both of you)

Bob K

Count me in as long as it is on a weekend.

caribbeanblue wrote:

Count me in as long as it is on a weekend.

OK  any weekend you are in the colonial  zone let us know and you can  join us!!!! 

Feel free to email me directly [email protected]

GREAT to hear there is some interest in setting up a contact network for US/CA expats and potential expats like me and wife.

As it happens, we have 22-30 May circled for a scouting trip to the PP-Sosua-Cabarete area. Linking up with local expats is a high priority for us so I hope its not too rude to kinda-sorta invite ourselves in on any gather-up in that time block.

I'm 67, child bride is 58. Both healthy and active - me for Lawn Vandalism (golf to others :o) and wife for shopping/exploring.

And I've never heard of Presidente beer, but am powerfully inclined to try it.

-- OOPS! Just realized the original post was talking about a gather-up in May of 2011. Hope the willingness to meet-n-greet is still a GO for May of 2012.

Hello,  there are any expats living in Punta Cana(Bavaro)?