Applying for Maid

I apologize if this has been answered, but I couldn't find it when I searched.

I am applying to have my sister-in-law from Cambodia to come as our helper. My wife has an auto-immune disease and needs help caring for our daughter and home.

I have all of the forms completed but have a few questions.

Some of the documents require stamp duty of RM 10. Where do I get that and do I do it before or after signing the document?

Should I sign documents in the presence of an immigration officer? Or do I need some type of notary to witness the signatures? What about my sister-in-law's signatures?

The personal bond document requires a stamp, a signature, a witness and payment of the bond. Does all this happen at the same place, at the same time?

Finally after submitting the application, how long does it take to approve it?

Thank you in advance.

1. If you are not Malaysian, a personal application for a Foreign Domestic Helper cannot be made under this system http://www.imi.gov.my/index.php/en/fore … r-fdh.html

2. Stamping is done at the tax office (LHDN)

3. Page 16 explains the process (plus Annex D) if on Employment Pass https://esd.imi.gov.my/portal/pdf/TC-ES … r-2017.pdf

4. You need to get a witness to sign the Bond form before going to LHDN. Your signature should also be on the form. i.e. completed documents required.

5. Contract etc. need signing by employee.

6. It is usually stated if Certified True Copy is required - you may need translation of passport to be certified.

Don't forget the medical side (Fomema) both pre and post arrival.

I would get a doctors letter to confirm the circumstances that require a domestic helper.

Check if there is a minimum salary required for Cambodian DHs.

Check that the contract is in line with minimum requirements with respect to days off etc.

The upper age limit is 45 yrs.

Gravitas, Thanks for your response. You truly are a wealth of knowledge.

With regards to your first point, when you say non-Malaysian can't submit a personal application, are you referring to the online system or are you saying I must use an agent?

Thanks again

The new online system is only for Malaysian citizens. You would need to use a maid agency

I sponsored my maid myself, years back, without going through an agent
With MM2H status
Don't know if rules have changed