Info: about Buying Car in Belgiun

Hi,

I got a European driving license, can anyone through some light on buying a secondhand car in Belgium. As what all things we need to check before buying. Like in the UK is there M.O.t and TAX of car need to check.

Please if anyone give me info about where to find the secondhand car and about insurance tax and procedure.

Will be helpful.

Thank You.

Hi,

It will depend mainly on where you buy your car. At a private seller or at a professional.

When buying a used car, the seller must send you the following documents:

A particular seller must produce the invoice of the original purchase. The professional car salesman also makes a new invoice. It must include the name, address and VAT number of the distributor.

The invoice must mention the following data:
- the date of purchase
- the names and addresses of previous buyers and sellers
- price and terms of payment
- the characteristics of the car: make, model, year of manufacture, engine capacity, engine capacity (kW), body model, chassis number, date of first use, odometer reading and delivery date
- the duration of the purchase guarantee
- the price of recovery

The pink paper form, 'application for registration of a vehicle'. This must include a certificate of technical inspection (maximum period of two months).

The inspection certificate of the technical control

The certificate of conformity ensuring that the vehicle meets the necessary technical specifications.

A certificate for the LPG installation if the vehicle is equipped

The opportunity report, which you receive after the technical inspection

The CAR-PASS, official and mandatory document showing the mileage of the vehicle
https://www.car-pass.be/en/buy

@phipiemar

Thank you for your reply and useful information.

May I know after buying a car is there yearly car technical check certificate something like that need to get from car mechanic about car.? in order to drive it on road

Hello,

You will find all on the carpass document.