Marriage Visitor Visa UK

Hi !! I'm a Brazilian woman living in Brazil engaged to a Brit man who lives in UK. I've started to apply to the Marriage Visitor Visa in order to give notice of our intention to marry possibly on 26th Nov18 and get married on 09th March 19.

That being said, I've a couple of enquiries regarding the supporting documents and would be very thankful if someone took its time to answer me.
One of the docs I must provide is “proof that you can support yourself during your trip, for example bank statements or payslips for the last 6 months”. I've got both bank statements and payslips, but they're in Portuguese. Should I translate them to English ? It sounds odd having my financial status seen and translated.

Another doubt comes from the doc “proof of your future plans for the relationship, for example documents to show where you'll live”. My fiancé lives in a shared house, doesn't hold utility bills (as he pays a monthly rent all bills included) and will only rent a place for us after the wedding (when we will apply for “spouse visa”). So what could I use as evidence of docs showing where will we live ? Can I use Brazilian translated to English docs of mine just for application purposes (even knowing I'll eventually apply for spouse visa in order to settle with him in UK) ?? Any suggestions are very welcome.

Hi Isabela and welcome to the Forum.

You could be forgiven for thinking that the UK Government have deliberately tried to make this difficult. :)

To answer your questions:

I've just checked the current supporting documents guide that is available on the UK Gov website (available from this link), where it states:

UKGov website wrote:

If you submit a document that is not in English or Welsh, it must be accompanied by a full translation that can be independently verified by the Home Office. Each translated document must contain:

Confirmation from the translator that it is an accurate translation of the original document
The date of the translation
The translator's full name and signature
The translator's contact details

For the proof related to where you will live, perhaps a letter from your future husbands' landlord granting you permission to stay in the "shared house" where he lives for the duration of the validity of your visa (6 months).

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

If you are not married I don' t think you can apply for a married/marriage visitor visa. Are you talking about a fiance visa so you can get married in the UK?
In any event you have to prove that you can support yourself or be supported.
This is what I understand.

Oi Isabella
Eu sou da Guatemala married a British citizen also. I would suggest  requesting marketing information to his address for proof of address. I also did a word document with photos of us together with dates and different hairstyles (lol) to prove we are not just an internet fling. You will have to go to an interview to the council where you intend to marry. are you getting married here or in Brazil?
I know a brazilian that got married to a UK guy, I could put you in contact.  I will pm you.
Cheers
Patty