Some locations to stay in the heart of Ajijic. Sites to see?

New here to this site as well as new to the thought of retiring in Mexico. I have been looking at Ajijic and would like to connect with someone there to kind of help me avoid the pit falls of a trip there and share some of their experiences. Maybe suggest some locations to stay in the heart of Ajijic. Sites to see? Etc. Etc.

Thanks,

Jim

jpinaz51 :

New here to this site as well as new to the thought of retiring in Mexico. I have been looking at Ajijic and would like to connect with someone there to kind of help me avoid the pit falls of a trip there and share some of their experiences. Maybe suggest some locations to stay in the heart of Ajijic. Sites to see? Etc. Etc.

Thanks,

Jim

Hi Jim,

I would suggest you put San Miguel de Allende commonly called SMA in the search window they have made their own forum because there are so many of them. You will likely find people from the area you are interested in there. Just go to the forum search window.

Welcome and good luck

Is there a large expat community there? Approx. how many? Does the local population speak much English?   
Thanks for your time and information,

Jim

jpinaz51 :

Is there a large expat community there? Approx. how many? Does the local population speak much English?   
Thanks for your time and information,

Jim

There is a very large group of expats in SMA.