Next north coast Meetup

Cheers Bar is on Pedro Clisante, ( the main street in Sosua) It is a few blocks East of the disco/club section. Next block past the Europa hotel.  If on the highway turn at Supra Pola as if going shopping, continue to end of street, go left two short blocks, turn right 100 yards,meters & there is a large palm thatched bar straight ahead. You are there!  3:00  p.m. on.  Chef Brian will have snacks & lite menu available.  Happy hour libations.  For a place to stay, try calling Gary Rossi at 809-802-3372   tell him I sent you. He has studios. Will check some others in the neighborhood.  I want to meet s many people as I can before the last 10% of my vision has faded into the encroaching greyness. Hope to have a big turnout for this one. Hope it goes well in Bonao for her & you.

GRACIAS MI AMIGO...

The studio is available, clean, small kitchenette, very clean.........$30 usd per night. he has more than one, must call to reserve. I saw him this afternoon. Good luck. Still looking for other options. One down the street is $40, but has a pool. Anyone else looking, let me know.

HEY, you all!! I screwed up!!  Cheers is on the next corner East of Club Residential, Not the Europa. It is one block more .  I.m sorry to have given the wrong name.  The cot-o-ninetails will be hanging by my seat at Cheers.

NO PROBLEM. WHILE I AM HERE, PERHAPS PM ME WITH YOUR NAME AGAIN UNLESS EVERYONE KNOWS WHO TINKER IS. FOR YOU AND OTHERS,  MY NAME IS BRIAN AND WIFE IS JOSEFINA.  WITH YHE LAST NAME BEING WOOD, MANY JUST CALL ME WOODY.....

You two made such an impression on me when e met at the Finish Line, there is no way that I could ever forget you names. I would enjoy a woman who insisted on shaving me everyday!!!  Tamas janda I said before how the love between you two shines & gives me hope that someday I may find that kind of love.

Update: Tinker has once again screwed up his login and or password and cannot log in at the moment.

Anyone nearby who can go by and help him get logged in? The system has not changes so it's something he has done or is doing. 

As soon as he tells me, I will update the location of the meetup.

Planner is absolutely correct, I'm guilty as charged, I screwed up by forgetting my pass  word. With a magnifying glass & a neighbors help found the path to create a new one. Yes, have to find a new location quickly.  Not so easy when it takes a long time to navigate the streets and worse not seeing the faces of those who have the authority to say OK, have it here. Cheers was a great place but partner squabbles has ruined the place for awhile.  Too bad, it is close to home. I will spend the next couple of days to find a spot for the Meet-Up.  This Ancient Warrior shall go forth to  confront and conquer all!

WE SHALL AWAIT YOUR REPLY......

Meeting with a joint manana. As soon as I can be sure will shout it to the heavens. It would help if I had a basic # to work with. I know for sure that about 10  or so. hard to secure a yes when the place has no idea of the potential business about to come their way. ASAP would really help.

Chantsy and I are in!

Yes, you are in my heart, but are you in Sosua? I thought that it would be another couple of days.

Not yet, but If the meet up is next weekend, we will be there physically.

Tinker - relax. Choose a place and whoever shows up shows up. No need for special arrangements.  You may get 5 you may get 20. It will all be fine.

Just choose a place and meet for drinks.

Planner is right once again. I will post the new location for thr North Coast Meet-Up tonight.  I got too involved with the mechanics of the thing as if I were back at No Bones planning a concert or some such thing.   3 P.M.  ....til  at........... to be filled in this evening !!

Excellent!

LOCATIOn SET !!  PLAN"B",  Bar/ restaurant on Pedro Clisante. Saturday, October 20th. from 3:00 until.  Olga said Happy hour drinks & some lit snacks available. Just drinks,friends & a bunch of new ones.  I know that I'll be laughing a lot.    OH. by the way,  have you heard this one..........?

It ain't at Cheers no more! It is down the street a 100 meters  to the west, big sign, no prob.   Sameday, time & deal.  Let's play !

For those who are willing to help Nielsa, my "seeing Eye chica"obtain her passport to continue to help me in everyday living, my thanks have no limits. I can't provide all the $$ needed, but the total is so small, that your offers can make it possible. 12,000 pesos is all she needs. I can make up the balance as I pay her per diem fo helping me. She is very shy, but will be at the meet-up if migration doesn't pick her up again.   My needs for a sighted person increases each day. I need her. She has been with me for 3 months learning my way of doing things, & as you know, I can be a real pain in the ass.  The meet up for me is a way to say hello & goodbye at the same time. Very soon I won't be able to post or use my cell, so get off your butts & come say hello & maybe , goodbye.  This is not an an effort to raise a little money, it is a request to make some new friends.  If you don't believe this, just stick it. You don't know me.     Only a couple more days Andy!

Tinker I donated Us 25 and someone else sent me their US 25.  So I need to get this to you. I will messages you!

Sigh, I hope we are there to meet everybody, but it seems we may not have our Visas in time.  We have one last long shot to try Monday morning, but we will have to see how agreeable the Dominican government is to our lawyers sweet words of persuasion.  Stiff upper lip, and fingers crossed!  If not this one, we will be at the next one, and all the others too.

Planner never ceases to amaze me with her giving so much to all. Thank you..........  with etness on my face,

So the meet-up is tomorrow at PLAN"B",  Bar/ restaurant on Pedro Clisante from 3:00? Just confirming

Yes - see you there!

I guess one  will be looking simply for a sign that says Bar/Restaurant just a bit west of Cheers. If I recall, Pedro Clisante is a one way going south. Anyone know the nearest intersection as I  have limited knowledge of the area.

The place is just between the Europa hotel and Club Residencial, the same side of the road. Just a bit further after the Europa Hotel intersection.

Big sign that says Plan B

Thanks for your help folks !!

Ok  ....now I have it ......hahahaha

First, thank you to those who helped with the Visa/Passport fund for my "Seeing eye helper". !/3 of the way there. She has to go to Haiti during the first week of November. Not much time to raise the remaing 8,000 pesosrd. I can pay for the to & fro trip, but that is in addittion to the cost of her documents.  he meet up was fun & it was good to "See" some old friends & to laugh a lot. Thanks for the get together.    Western Union,Sosua.  Thomas Michael Johns.  I will need the day & code number.We appreciate the care & concern of all of you.  I will PM each to say thanks, but can't to anonymous.

It was great to see Thomas and meet several others yesterday at Plan B. Must say the Europa Hotel was not too bad and very handy to the meet bar. So pleased Josefina had a great time as well. Would have enjoyed going to the Oktoberfest dinner but I was not safe enough to drive. Haven't been imbibing very often and usually just one but yesterday was a fun day and even if I tripped on the way back to the hotel, I would have been in the lobby! I look forward to future meetings ups and meeting more folks....

It was great meeting you and your wife 2VPsoldier.  Be glad you didn't make the Oktoberfest dinner, atmosphere was good but the food left a lot to be desired! Always a pleasure to see Tinker!  Looking forward to the next meet up!

I like the meet ups, When can we have another?  Too  bad Bob K 7 spouse couldn't make it. Thanks you all for helping me to get a sore belly from laughing so much!!

Having spent time in Germany I get kind of fussy when it comes to German food so that is good to know. It was a pleasure to meet you and your husband. We actually had some very tasty eats at the bar after everyone departed.....and yes, hoping to make it out for the next meet up...

Tinker, I am so sorry I have been away from Expats...its been a busy summer and i have been traveling back and forth to the Bahamas. I was reading about your eyesight issues and I am so sorry to hear. How can i help??? Also, as it relates to the North Coast Meet Ups...I want to get involved and even host a barbecue or something here at my house in La Vega. Can you tell me how i can get involved???

How to get involved:

If you want to host a get together honey just organize it. don't wait for anyone else to do it.

Pick a day, pick your location and start a thread announcing it. People will respond. Not limited to north coast, Anyone can do this anywhere and anytime they want!

La Vega is very doable for me!

Good idea to just go & do it. All of a sudden my laptop says this email address of mine is not synced. What does that mean? Can I still send & receive? When I had to get new password it happened. I can't read the little print when I click on the icon triangle.    Just one more thing to rile me up. Thanks for any suggestions.

Sorry  no idea what you did honey.

Sounds like a great idea.....go for it! I am just up the road close to Hwy 5 in Moca but must borrow vehicles right now to go places......but if I am here it would be great to attend..

WISH I COULD HELP MORE BUT FLYING OUT ON 30TH FOR ALBERTA THEN ARIZONA AND BACKNIN NOV 16TH. THEN RESIDENCY MEDICAL?......I HOPE LOL!.