Looking for a kitten!

Hi all, I've just moved to D7 in Saigon, and would like a kitten to come and live with me and my flat for the next few years!

Does anyone know where I could get one? Or any other suitable alternatives? I've read about ARC rescue - does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks!

Why only a few years ? Then what will you abandon the poor thing ??

Sorry I should have been more clear - for a few years in Vietnam, and then back home to the UK with me!

Hi Chris,
I brought two cats from UK to Australia some years ago, it cost a fortune and the vaccinations that were required and the quarantine requirements.
I think you should look into all the above before deciding.
If you give the cat away, it will probably become dinner for someone...
Mike

chris_cooper_25 wrote:

Hi all, I've just moved to D7 in Saigon, and would like a kitten to come and live with me and my flat for the next few years!

Does anyone know where I could get one? Or any other suitable alternatives? I've read about ARC rescue - does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks!

Hi and welcome to the forum,

Did you check this very recent thread on 'cat adoption'? You may get a few good leads there.
One other point, many apartments here don't allow pets. Make sure there's no such restriction in your apartment.
Good luck!

chris_cooper_25 wrote:

Thanks!

Hi Chris,

Have you found any kitten yet? If not, I suggest you to logon this group on facebook, there are many kitten and dogs need homes everyday.
“Xin cho tặnh chó mèo” with 154k members. Most of the ads are from local people. If you need my help on speaking to them, message me.

Regards,
Ri Ni

No direct experience, but ARC rescue in Thao Dien seems to be highly regarded. They are currently turning away donated animals because full, no more room, not enough foster volunteers. Some people just drop off boxes of kittens at the door at night.

gobot wrote:

No direct experience, but ARC rescue in Thao Dien seems to be highly regarded. They are currently turning away donated animals because full, no more room, not enough foster volunteers. Some people just drop off boxes of kittens at the door at night.

I am not really a fan of cats, but just getting rid of cats like that, is a huge shame. However, for the OP it might be a good option