USA Immigration Attorney specializing in L1 visa

Good morning all

Can anybody out there recommend an USA Immigration Attorney specializing in L1 visa. My husband owns his own business in South Africa and wants to set up a subsidiary in the US.
I have contacted one attorney that is pushing for EB-5 which for the size of our family means an eye watering $2 000 000   :o . That excludes purchasing a property, purchasing a car and living expenses  :huh: . When prompting him again about the L1 visa, he agreed that it could work for me and my husband but not for my 3 sons who are still students financially dependent on us but over the age of 21.
Kind regards.
MP_SA

EB5 minimum is 500k at risk plus processing which runs realistically towards a total of 700k for applicant, spouse, children. In your case you and spouse. Your children are adults and need their own visa. Basically buying a Green Card. A number of countries offers this.

Read up on L1. Does the current business qualify now? Current processing times for L1 based Green Cards are around 2+ years and getting longer. What about the children? You are looking at at least two businesses unless they start out with a student visa.

Martindale is a good site to review bios and cases of US attorneys.

Have you and your husband been to the US with the idea of setting up a company?

Have you

The current business qualifies. We want a better future for our kids (young adults) than the current prospects in South Africa.
1st choice - USA.
2nd choice - Portugal.
Thanks for referring me to the Martindale site.
Regards.

You are always dealing with three entities as your kids are of age.

Was told by immigration attorney that EB5 investment is going to increase towards the end of the year from $500k to $950k.
Might as well stay in South Africa and when the kids complete their studies, they can spread their wings.
Not looking forward to the empty nest syndrome  :sosad: .

First you want to go L1 then EB5. Two totally different scenarios.

Not prepared to spend that amount of money on either the L1 or EB5 not knowing if it is going to be 100% successful.
Another attorney's advice was EB5 right from the start.
Then the legal fees also adds up:
EB-application : $20 000
Adjustment of Status Application/Consular Processing : Principal Beneficiary $6 500; Spouse $1 500; Children $1 250 each
Application for unconditional "green card" : By agreement 4 months before filing
USCIS Filing Fees (approximate)
Immigrant Petition by Alien Investor : $3 650
Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status : $1 250 for each applicant
Petition by Investor to Remove Conditions : $3 835

Children over 21 cannot be included in your visas. Under current law you can sponsor their Green Card after you have yours and they are unmarried. You are looking at about 75k in translations and other fees.
Only one thing in life is guaranteed.
Best of luck for your search.

Thank you for always responding with some kind of advice. Appreciated.