Moving to Bahrain with wife, 2 kids and a dog

Hi Guys,

We as a family are moving to Bahrain from Dubai. Details of the kids and dog: 16 year old girl who will be going to St Chris Senior / 4.5 year old boy who will be going to British Prep School / 2 year old Labrador.

We are looking for a villa or a town house within a compound / complex of decent size with company especially for my 4 year old son and walking facilities for the dog within / outside the complex. We are looking at a budget of around 1000 BD exclusive ish but the complex and size of the facilities and socializing is important for us.

Can you guys recommend some compounds within Saar / Janabiya of decent size with expats and small kids and good play areas / common facilities?

On our brief day visit to Bahrain a month back, we didn't find any areas to walk the dog whereas where we stay in Dubai in Springs / Meadows - there is space galore.

Please advise guys.

Thanks in advance!!

There are tons of compounds in Saar and Janabiya but you will NOT get the Springs / Meadows feel anywhere in Bahrain except for Riffa Views.  Or maybe Durrat but that is too far out.

I lived in Meadows for 5 years and now in Riffa views so feel totally at home.  However, 1000 BD will get you a springs type house in RV and as you get closer to 1200-1300, you get a Meadows type house.  But 1000 BD will get you really good housing in the other areas but the compounds will be much smaller if you are used to Springs / Meadows.

Thanks a lot for that. We had not even considered RV, but looks like a great place from my very quick look now. Is it same style as Springs / Meadows with community pool / play areas or do you need to join a club for facilities.. What about school buses - i suppose they would come to RV?

Unfortunately, while there are community play areas and lakes and stuff that is similar to Meadows; you need to join the Golf club for the pool.  It's linked to RV.

School buses do come to RV regularly.

hi and welcome to Bahrain in advance

i live in Saar and see many expats walking around near janabiya with their dogs or just for excercises , i dont know about where you lived at in UAE , but Saar & janabiya is really expat friendly place, and you can look out many compounds and villas around here as they will be near St.Chris .

hope this was helpful and good luck.

Ok tks. Are dogs allowed in Riffa View? I was trying to arrange some viewings and was told by one of the agents that no animals allowed.

Thanks Mutjaba19.

Really?  I see dozens of people walking their dogs every evening :)

Another agent confirmed that the area is indeed pet friendly...perhaps lack of knowledge