The nightlife scene in Ireland

Hello,

Having access to a good nightlife scene can be a determining factor for many expats upon choosing their next destination. Tell us more about the nightlife in Ireland.

In Ireland, what is the nighlife culture like: is it common for people to go out at night? Is there a big difference between the nightlife during the weekdays and weekends?

What are the most popular evening or nighttime activities (e.g. bars, nightclubs, shows, cultural activities, etc.)?

Is it safe to venture out in the evening and at night in Ireland?

Is there anything in particular that surprised you about the nightlife in Ireland?

Are there any apps or websites (or any other resources) that would help in staying informed about evening and nighttime activities?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

Hi
If you search night life in google you'll find many restaurants and places. But temple bar is one of the famous bars. I hope you enjoy your trip. Xxx
Nila

The nightlife has shifted from the Pub scene to more varied
opportunities.
Dotted around Temple Bar area (behind Parliament Street) you will find lots of Bistros, Eateries,
and Wine Bars.  Even on parliament street you will find very chique Wine Bars.
On Parliament Street they are not cheap - but Dublin in not cheap to dine out in!

There are also Dance, Theatre, Arts and Music community groups all around the side streets of this area.
All will have board notices for you to network into various activities should you wish.

There is a Gay area  of Dublin.
I have not found it very welcoming to foreigners - which both surprised and saddened me.

Other than that, if you go into some of the big supermarkets - such as the large Tesco's - you will find community newsletters free to take where people advertise events.

If you want to move up-market there are many hotels which have a great evening Menu for 2 or more guests.

Music concerts:  The 02 centre is the most popular venue.
You can' possibly miss it when major gigs are taking place.

I think for yourself, try the Temple Bar area for most community news and happenings in and about Dublin city.

Good luck!

Pat