Tax Refund and Residency for Expat

Hello, I know this has been an on-going topic but I would just like to have this answered based on my situation.

I just started working in KL last Jul 30 and I am planning for a holiday in the Philippines. Questions;

1. If I take a 14 days or more leaves this December, will it affect my tax refund in the future?

2. Since my tax will be again refreshed next year because I couldn't complete the 182 days rule this 2018, will my tax residency status be affected if I will take a holiday again on April 2019? How about my refund, will there be any effect like not getting the refund in the future because of my absence considering that I take a long hol on December 2018?

Thanks for the input.

As long as the holiday in April is not more than 14 days outside Malaysia there will be no effect on the refund but the quaifying date (182 days) will be pushed back by the number of days you are absent.

Hi Gravitas,

Do you refer qualifying date as the identifier for my tax residency status? If I take these leaves (on the below statement) it can only mean that my 182 days for 2019 will be longer than July 2019?

So you mean to say I can go on a holiday this December 2018 for 14 days or nore and April 2019 let's say 10 days but still get to refund all my taxes starting July 2018? Let me know if I get it right.