Possible to teach english in Hanoi without a degree??

I'm a soon-to-be expat living in England with the hope of teaching English in Hanoi. I have no degree (although finished 1 year of uni), and understand that whilst people DO live and work in Hanoi with no degree, it is technically necessary in order to obtain a work permit.

Does anyone have any loopholes, ways around the system or suggestions as to how I go about achieving this? I would hope to be in Hanoi for at least a year :)

Have also read that it may be easier to work freelance in order to avoid the need for a work permit?

Any help is much appreciated!!

Without even trying to mix a few metaphors, welcome to (your utopia?)

Well, mine anyway...   but this is Viet Nam.   Your (Western) mindset will be reset.

There are no rules.   Least of all, rule of law.

..or  'Technical Necessities'.     Only the priorities YOU set for YOUR Self.

So without bothering trying to read between-the-lines, just get here and get to work.

Want to teach (English)  (Carpentry)  (Welding)  (Airbrush/Graphic Art)  (etc) ..?   then just volunteer for a few hours and doors will open.  Quickly.   Capitalism is corroding old traditional values and the survival ethic so well known to Viet people remains the same.   

The triple 'AAA' of Attitude, Ability and Adapting is all that is required.

Problems?   Dunno.   I'll keep looking...     :unsure

Thank you! This is exactly what I wanted hear!

Me too.

Somewhat ironic that someone named lawman16 appreciates advice on how to skirt the law.   ;)

Contrasting values create Appreciation: a self-evident Truth

Integrity can only be demonstrated in actions, not words

..makes many (somewhat) envious, though...      :mad: