Flat share, house share, room to rent

Hey Peeps.

I'm looking for information on where to find or hopefully even better to meet someone or peepers that would be interested in renting a room to me? In or around the Edinburgh area. From early next year?
Obviously with all the necessary conversations needing to take place before hand. Let me know.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Hi again,

It's highly unusual to find any house owner who is willing to let his property stand empty for 4 months waiting for you arrive (unless you're willing to start paying earlier).  My advice would be to use something like AirBnB for the first month then use that time to look around and find some areas you like.

In the meantime, while waiting to see if anyone responds to your OP, you can use our own Housing section (top of this page) and use the internet and Google Maps to check out areas that appeal.  Edinburgh at the moment will be very expensive, it's in the middle of the Festival, so prices will be silly.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

This will give you a rough idea of things, but as Cynic has stated, at the moment a festival is on and the prices are just silly, they will drop after its finished. https://www.gumtree.com/property-to-rent/edinburgh

I can second that, stay in an Airbnb first, get to know the area first, anyhow its never wise to pay for anything before you have seen the property with your own eyes first and landlords like to meet you first.

Thank you both. I'd never expect them to keep it open for me. All I want is to start communicating with the community that does the letting so I can start making head way into knowing what's available for when I do get there. So I can have an easier time viewing and meeting the correct people. I will have a good look at the links thanx