Working Permit/ Visa for Non EU - Non EU spouse?

Hi Everyone,

I am Maria and I am a Filipina(Philippines) currently in Dubai but planning to live in Greece. I wanted to know if there is any way someone can help me know about the process as I have Greek significant other whom I've known for long and would like to move and work in the country, I don't know how the visa or working permit goes. I do not want to marry as I am still in the verge of career first although I wanted to be together, is there anyone who can assist, any ideas, suggestions?

Work experience: if this may help, I am a nurse in my country, worked a few years as a nurse and caregiver. Now working in Hospitality Hotel industry as Assistant Recreation manager (good with activities specially with kids as I have work long time as Kids Supervisor for kids clubs) can be au pair or babysitter, knows how to dance as I did some performing professional dancing in events as extra jobs in Philippines.

Thank you it is my first time here in the site and I'm not quiet sure if I'm doing the right thing :)

All your suggestion and ideas are all welcome.

Nurses in Greece are in demand and, in general, nurses make up one of the largest groups of traveling staffing and practitioners (the-travel-nurse.com). A traveling nurse has the benefit of helping people abroad, exploring a new area and attractive incentives for hospitals that need the most help. you can browse through these sites ( greece-ny.nursing-jobs.us)( thehealthjob.com).
Non-EEA nationals must obtain a work permit prior to the start of their employment activity in Greece.

Residence/work permits for non-EEA nationals are, however, very difficult to obtain for those who are not of Greek origin or not married to a Greek. Once separate permits, the residence permit and the work permit are now all-in-one, meaning residence permits can include the right to work. It is not possible for a non-EU national to obtain a stand-alone work permit; the permission to work is included in the residence permit.

Work permits in Greece are employer-specific (although there can be exceptions), occupation-specific, and location-specific, and are normally valid for one year.

A worker from a non-EU country must first obtain a visa to enter Greece and then apply for the residence/work permit once in Greece.

PROCESS OF SPONSORING A NON-EEA WORKER

In order for an employer to sponsor a work permit for a non-EEA nationals, it is necessary first to provide employees with an entry visas:

A type D visa (or National Visa) for work must be obtained for any non-EU national planning to stay in Greece for more than 90 days and work. This visa must be obtained before arriving in Greece, from the Greek Embassy or Consular Section in the applicant's country of residence.

Required documents are as follows:

-  A valid passport,
-  Prove of employment contract;
-  Medical insurance coverage while in Greece;
-  Criminal background check from the police station nearest the applicant's residence.

OBTAINING A WORK PERMIT

Within 30 days of arrival in Greece, the visa holder must apply in person for a residence/work permit at the local municipal office (Δημαρχείο / Dimarchio). In some areas, application may be made at the police station. There are numerous types of residence permit available, depending on the applicant's circumstances (self-employed, consultant, employee, executive). Validity periods range from one to five years.

It is suggested to file the application as soon as possible after arrival, as the process can be lengthy.

How to apply for a residence/work permit

Prior to applying for a residence permit, applicants must obtain a tax number (AFM) from the local tax office, as well as a social security number from the Social Security Institute (AMKA). It may be possible to obtain an AMKA number from the nearest IKA office (Social Insurance Institute) or Citizens Service Office (KEP).
Application forms for residence permits can be obtained at the local municipal office (Δημαρχείο / Dimarchio) or prefecture (nomarxeia). It may be possible to obtain an application form at a Citizens Service Office. Applications must be submitted, in Greek, either in person or by a certified lawyer granted power of attorney.

The following documents are required in order to obtain a residence permit:

- Visa
- Passport plus photocopies
- At least two passport photographs
- Certificate of medical insurance
- Health Certificate from a state hospital (declaration that the applicant does not have any serious communicable diseases)
- Proof of local address (title deed or rental contract)
- Proof of ability to support oneself – job or resources
- Proof of payment of the required fee to the national tax office (Eforia)
- Two passport photos are officially required, although many applicants are required to present four.
Once the application has been submitted, the applicant will receive a blue form (bebaiosi) as the receipt that the application is being processed, which means that the applicant is legitimate to work at this time. The applicant is responsible for following up to obtain the residence permit.

Dear Mr. Preference,

Thank you so much for the information you have provided it is such a good help. Your assistance is well appreciated.

I will try to look for job and other options as well.

Thank you and take care.

Shau

Thanks a million for the useful information you patiently posted here. It also helped me to have the best understanding of the residence permit Visa.

Always seek advice from your nearest Greek embassy or consulate then you have it straight from the horses mouth officially especially as rules,laws are constantly changing.