Student visa to Canada from Saudi Arabia

Hi Guys,

Hope someone could help me regarding my questions.
I am currently working here in Saudi Arabia and planning to go to Canada through student visa.

My company might not give me exit visa from KSA but instead they will give me an exit reentry.

My questions are as follows:

1. Will i face any problem here in KSA immigration if i have exit reentry visa and i am going to Canada with student visa?

2. Or shall i go back to Philippines with an exit reentry visa from KSA and i will leave from Philippines to Canada using my student visa? Some says that leaving from Philippines to Canada with student visa faces difficulties in immigration and some were being hold even they have all the related documents as student.

3. If in case my company will provide an exit visa for me, can i go direct to Canada from Saudi Arabia using student visa? Is KSA immigration will not question me?

Thank you so much in advance.

geo_abs wrote:

1. Will i face any problem here in KSA immigration if i have exit reentry visa and i am going to Canada with student visa?

My answer is NO. KSA immigration are not the ones that check visa status and return tickets to the country you are traveling to. Such things are checked by the airline you did be flying. They will check if you have a visa to the country you are flying too and if you have a return ticket, and trust me, they would not mind or ask why you are existing on a exit-reentry visa. 

Saudi Immigration on the other hand will only check your visa status here and that you are cleared and free to exit the country. So once you have your exit-reentry visa, they won't be any problem such as why are you going to canada on a student visa. Just hand them your passport and boarding pass and let them input the information in the system and smile and leave to your boarding gate.

geo_abs wrote:

2. Or shall i go back to Philippines with an exit reentry visa from KSA and i will leave from Philippines to Canada using my student visa? Some says that leaving from Philippines to Canada with student visa faces difficulties in immigration and some were being hold even they have all the related documents as student.

That is also another way to do it. However as you already stated, it won't be the best of ideas. I have seen  your immigration offloading people for such reasons. You know they believe you did be going there to work and perhaps get strangeded. But you could just tell them your company in KSA are sending you for a short course in Canada. That might work. But don't count on it. I know your immigration very well. lol

geo_abs wrote:

3. If in case my company will provide an exit visa for me, can i go direct to Canada from Saudi Arabia using student visa? Is KSA immigration will not question me?

YES. If indeed you get a final exit visa, i do not see why KSA immigration will prevent you from leaving. Again they are not checking your onward visas. They are only concerned with their  country and once you are free from anything here. You have no problem with them.

Advice is make sure, your company does not know your intention of leaving to Canada, cos they are the only ones who can cause problems for you at immigration once they know you are trying to abscond.

Good Luck.

hi flex14,

Thank you very much for such answers.
I dont feel worried anymore.

Again, thanks a lot buddy!

question is ... will u even get the visa ?

hi hamudi,

i wont ask those questions if i dont have visa   :sleep

do you have a student visa already? if not then moot point until you do. first you have to be accepted by a university before you can even start the process then a proof your intention are true i.e. you have money to support the school, living costs, etc. Then as flex14 described you can get out of SA but getting back in would be risky if not impossible if the company doesn't see you for a while and cancels your entry visa....but actually why would you go back to SA if you are going to Canada to complete  (presumably) a 4 year degree. I would add too points. don't risk it if your intentions are to defraud by using a student visa to 'visit' Canada. I have personally had a student deported for such reasons and while Canadian are nice - they don't want fraudsters. But on the up side health care workers are always in demand in Canada and the US so if you intention is get out of both SA and philly then Philippinos health care workers are frequently hired in the US and Canada. physiotherapists are most in demand. good luck.