The legalities for replacement white goods for fully furnished rentals

My neighbour's washing machine has had it's day after having been repaired twice. She has been a tenant for 7 years, the age of the machine. The landlady, usually of good character, has told her they no longer provide replacement white goods. I know Maltese law is quite different to any rules laid down by the EU but does anyone know if this is acceptable in law here?

I doubt if there is a law covering this, personally I would expect our landlord to replace any white goods that were not usable as they are part of the rental, smaller items yes you replace yourself.

Laz2016 wrote:

My neighbour's washing machine has had it's day after having been repaired twice. She has been a tenant for 7 years, the age of the machine. The landlady, usually of good character, has told her they no longer provide replacement white goods. I know Maltese law is quite different to any rules laid down by the EU but does anyone know if this is acceptable in law here?

Tell her to check her lease, it is usual for the contract to state who is responsible for repair or replacement, our first property we were responsible up to €50 where we are now I think is €75. Over that amount it usually states that the Landlord is responsible, but of course that does not guarantee they will abide by the contract!

Ray