Moving to San Pedro Sula

Hello,
I am relocating to San Pedro Sula.
I am wondering if its safe to get around the city. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks

Hi, This should be interesting reading the responses, and I'm sure many will be of the "there's no problem if you're careful" variety, and there's some truth of, as that holds true for most any city, but make no mistake, if one is new to Sula, there is a greater than normal need to get real information as to where exactly is and isn't safe because it "can" be a very dangerous city in certain areas. So until you have acquired this info exercise extreme caution. Note, we will now see some responses flaming me

Hi Pedro45,
Have you ever visited or lived in San Pedro Sula?

Yes, I lived in Honduras off and on for a number of years, mostly in Ceiba but also in Sula... why?

How did you find SPS? Are taxis safe?

I actually enjoyed it very much as I had good friends there. One of the things one establishes is a good taxista de confianza

Why wouldn't u buy one of my Lots in El Pino ?! Not interested in that area and did u ever been there by any chance ?!

Hi,

I guess my main question would be why San Pedro. I have lived in Honduras 16 years (from Canada) and that is the city I like the least. It is extremely hot most of the time (temperatures can exceed 40C!) and although I have never had any problem there you would need to be very careful about where you choose to live and travel. Pedro45 above was right on the money.