Moving to Rincòn from Philadephia

Hey guys, I know I am going to sound like the typical snowbird but I am looking to move to Rincòn in a few months. I would love to get an insiders take on what it's like to live there😊thank you so much!

To get the largest amount of input on Rincon, join the facebook group "friends of Rincon" it is a large group, all living in that area.

At 20 years of age you are not the typical snow bird. My wife and I live in Rincon 6 months out of the year, in the Winter of course.

Housing is relatively inexpensive. Food can be expensive. We are Vegans and find fresh vegetables at the Sunday farmer's market; there are a number of small farms in the area. There are plenty of restaurants but Rincon is a tourist destination and prices reflect that. There are two supermarkets in town and two laundromats.

Although a car is recommend I know people that do not have cars, some use bicycles. Rincon has a number of barrios in which to live, Pueblo (town) is convenient, walkable, and built up, Puntas is more tropical, hilly, and has great surfing beaches.

During the Winter the weather is terrific, during the Summer hot and muggy. The Winter is the dry season, the Summer the wet season.

People are very friendly and in no time you will make friends.

If you are into yoga there is plenty happening in Rincon. Surfing is big time to if you want to learn. Other water sports are snorkling, stand-up-paddleboarding, cayaking, diving, swimming.

The atmosphere is very laid back. No dressing for dinner. Everyone accepted.

Since I'm retired I have no direct knowledge about working or finding a job.  Many jobs are are service oriented like working in a restaurant, cook, waiter, etc.

If you have questions I'd be happy to oblige.

Thank you so much for all that amazing information😊 it made my choice that much easier to move there.