Bringing my Cat

Hi everyone,
I'm moving on October 1st and bringing my cat.  I'm finding it really hard to see exactly what is required to bring her into Kenya.  She's ok on her rabies vaccine, and I know she has to go in the cargo hold for the flight.
Does anyone know:
- Where do I get her import permit?
- Does she need specific health certificate?
- Will she need any official documentation from the government?

Also, we are flying Minneapolis to Houston, TX on one airline where she will be in the cabin with me (service pet).  Then she will have to go in cargo from Houston, through Qatar, to Kenya.  Will it be ok to have her make this transfer, or will the Kenyan side no allow any in-cabin transit?

Any other tips would be very helpful.  Thanks!

hi,
we just relocated to nairobi a month ago with our three dogs and one cat. we had a lot of problems as we were misinformed by the kenyan embassy in ethiopia and ended up spending all day at the airport and paying a fortune to a crooked clearing agent to let us take our pets. so, BEWARE!

first of, you need to have a passport for the cat with the rabies vaccinations in order, as well as flea and deworming treatment. you can download the kenya pet passport online, then a certified vet can fill it in and stamp it for you when he has checked your cat.

the most important thing is to find a clearing agent here in nairobi, who will get the import permit for you from the ministry here, and will help you with the airport documents. there are a lot of dishonest people around, so try to find someone from a recommendation, especially if you will be working for an international organisation, they might be able to suggest one.

as for travelling, the cat is not allowed in the cabin, although we were allowed to take her in the end by Ethiopian Airlines because her cargo cage broke so it wasn't safe. you can try i guess!