Building a house around Merida

I am planning on building my house around Merida and very much would like it build for several reasons with a pitched roof, knowingly that a flat roof is the norm. Anybody that can help me finding a carpenter that is able to build my roof with putting op the rafters (vigas).

Sincerely, Hans Berkhof

I know how to cut rafters..... problem is in finding lumber longer than 2.5 meters and sawn correctly.

Max Turner

I thought that lowes sells longer than 2.5 meters I will check it again, I know how to build them also but am not familiar with installing the roof. Send me an email zo we can communicate if you will.

Thanks Hans

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

https://www.google.com.mx/search?ei=sUp … erState=ga

Thanks for the info alleycat, do you also have info about finding somebody to put on a pitched roof.

Thanks, Hans

Probably not much help to you but there is a shop in the area of calle 50 and calle 71 (south & east of centro) where you can have lumber cut & planed to your specs...he sources raw hardwood from Chiapas. We had deck planks made at roughly 1" x 12" x 12 feet...sorry I can't be more specific as to where he's located (I now live in San Miguel but was 5 years in Merida) but if you ask around in the neighborhood you can probably find him.
Also, none of the flat concrete roofs are actually flat...all have some slope and it can be increased to something significant if you need it. Problem with using wood is humidity & heat...maybe if you could have it treated but it's still not going to live long.
Good luck!

thanks for the info. I found a builder that uses galvanized trusses and no wood anywhere, seems like a winner to me.

Thanks again, hnsberk

Hi, a few important items,

Steel rods with silicone protection better
Roof should be completed before rainy season (water infiltration)
Installation of wire tubing before finishing walls and roof avoiding the need to crark the wall

I am not an expert in mexican construction.

Adios y buen dia en su proyecto, GyC

gracias the builder should know he is Mexican