PayPal Vietnam

I have opened a Vietnam PayPal account and it seems it is much more limited regarding money transfer compared to US or EU PayPal. Can anyone confirm this? I have linked Viet bank accounts but there is no option to verify bank or transfer money from bank. What good is a linked bank and why can't I verify?

I have tried to link debit cards as well but the card is always denied. Anyone having more success than I have?

Never had any problem doing the above with US or EU PayPal.

I succeeded to verify the bank (Vietcombank) on my Paypal account but impossible to pay or transfer, although I have a Visa debit card of Vietcombank, nothing works.

Sussexdude wrote:

I have opened a Vietnam PayPal account and it seems it is much more limited regarding money transfer compared to US or EU PayPal. Can anyone confirm this? I have linked Viet bank accounts but there is no option to verify bank or transfer money from bank. What good is a linked bank and why can't I verify?

I have tried to link debit cards as well but the card is always denied. Anyone having more success than I have?

Never had any problem doing the above with US or EU PayPal.

Before I left my homeland, I changed the address in my PayPal account to a c/o address of my homeland (address of my sister).
Therefore I never met problems with PayPal.
Maybe you can reactivate your old Paypal account from US or EU.

My advice is to stay away from PayPal, absolutely horrible company. I now use Payoneer, only because it's my only other choice with the company that pays me.

oh i still have my US and EU paypal accounts. but i opened the Viet account so I could link my bank here. As it stands I don't really have a use for this Viet Paypal with its limits.

Because many eBay sellers will only accept payment by PayPal and ship to the PayPal address, I had to close my Canadian PayPal account and open a Vietnamese one. I had no problems linking my Asia Commercial Bank (ACB) VISA card account (although they want a lot of information) to my Vietnamese PAyPal account.

P.S. PayPal sucks... but sometimes one has no choice.

cruisemonkey wrote:

I only use PayPal if there is no other choice or if there are problems with my credit cards (my credit cards have been declined but the same credit cards were accepted via PayPal).

By the way, other financial institutions are also causing problems.
I closed my WU account after I could not change my home country address online (from my old address to my sister's c/o address).
In today's world of Video-Ident, this should actually be no longer a problem.

At TransferWise I was able to change the address online.

cruisemonkey wrote:

Agreed, they have the online payment system monopoly.

Sussexdude wrote:
cruisemonkey wrote:

Perhaps a silver lining on the horizon.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/tech/5483216/a … -replaced/

Andy Passenger wrote:
Sussexdude wrote:
cruisemonkey wrote:

Perhaps a silver lining on the horizon.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/tech/5483216/a … -replaced/

Interesting. I didn't realize that Ebay and PayPal split up.

Have you contacted PayPal's customer service?

I've been using PayPal in VN for nearly 2 years with my account linked to my local account at ACB Bank.

http://acb.com.vn/wps/portal/en

Before that, I had PayPal in Thailand linked to my Bangkok Bank account. During the transition, I had some difficulty linking to ACB because of the differences in the account names. So, I contacted PayPal's customer service several times by e-mail and after about a month, they finally got it sorted out.

johnross23 wrote:

Have you contacted PayPal's customer service?

I've been using PayPal in VN for nearly 2 years with my account linked to my local account at ACB Bank.

http://acb.com.vn/wps/portal/en

Before that, I had PayPal in Thailand linked to my Bangkok Bank account. During the transition, I had some difficulty linking to ACB because of the differences in the account names. So, I contacted PayPal's customer service several times by e-mail and after about a month, they finally got it sorted out.

It took me 15 emails to get PayPal to send money to my VN bank account in the format my account was written. They kept insisting it had to be done in the format of VN, with surname coming first.