Close

about to marry a jordanian man...

Hi everybody,

Please note that some inappropriate posts have been removed.

Thanks,

Priscilla  :cheers:

Hi im from california and ongoing to marry  man from Jordan also.  I plan to live there and move back here.  But I will probably be in Jordan for a year.  It's kinda a big step.  My friends and family are mixed on this choice but so are his.  They we're worried that I wanted to have him send me money and in the end I was simply stealing his money with no intention of marrying him... And you can imagine my families worries.  But no one really knows our relationship as we do.  I know that there are always people out there that intentions are self motivated.  But there are always clues... Anyway I would be moving to zarqa, and you Amman?  When would do you believe you would move?  I am hoping for July or sooner... I am going to stay with his aunt and uncle in Chicago before I go to Jordan.  They want to help us.  He comes from a really awesome family and I was so thankful that they are kind to me. But it was after getting to know me a bit... They we're pretty apprehensive at first but now they treat me like family. 
I would love to hear more about your experience I'm the only person I know that has ever been In my situation.

Obviously there are a lot of us that have been in a similar situation :).  My only advice is (I am assuming you are applying for him to come to the usa) make sure you research what you need to sponsor him to come to the USA before you move.  You may be complicating things by quitting your job, giving up your residence, etc., so make sure you have all your ducks in a row before you go.  Although it would have been 100 times easier for me to have just applied from the USA for my husband, I am glad I came in spent two years here.  Makes it a lot easier for me to understand my husband.  Just be aware Zarqa is a lot different from California.

Expatriate health insurance in Amman

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Amman

Moving to Amman

Find tips from professionals about moving to Amman

Travel insurance in Amman

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Amman

Flights to Amman

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Amman