Residence

Please can you help me to choose the best area to live in Hanoi. We are retired New Zealanders want near medical, airport and safety . Angus and Elida

ak100 wrote:

Please can you help me to choose the best area to live in Hanoi. We are retired New Zealanders want near medical, airport and safety . Angus and Elida

Welcome to Vietnam forum,

I may take this opportunity to suggest Ciputra as one of your preferred locations for residence in Hanoi.  Raffles Medical (could be expensive!!) is just across the West Lake on Xuan Dieu street and Noi Bai airport is a pretty straight drive along NH3 across the red river.
The airport is actually located in another district, about 35 km northeast of downtown Hanoi.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kxvrhbduftlnx8c/ciputra.png?dl=1
Let those currently living in Hanoi come forward with their suggestions.
Good luck with your move!

Thank you very much. Any other information would be appreciated.

Tay Ho is where all the expats live, decent medical care nearby, and it's the closest area to the airport on this side of the river.

Ba Dinh district ís the best area to live in hanoi.

If you like to live in a 'bubble' then Ciputra might be fine for you but please note that whilst there are some shops there, they are typically very expensive because of their captive audience, so to speak. Unless you want to keep paying out for taxi's everytime you want to do something you'll need to get scooters to get around.
There really is no 'ideal' place to live in Haoin because it will depend on your specific needs.
I lived in Tay Ho for over 3 years and loved it, whilst others preferred the hustle, bustle and noise of the Old Quarter.
Safety - everywhere has it's problems but don't rent anywhere simply because it has 24 hour security.