New to Oslo

Hello everybody !

I am new to Norway, or more precisely I will be soon since I will be starting a job there the 6th June :)

I have only been to Oslo to catch planes from time to time so really have no clue about the city at all: Nice places to live, nice places to go out, etc ! So any tips appreciated :)

It would also be really cool to meet other people since I do not know anyone in Oslo; to share a coffee or a drink after work.

Well, like I said, I am really clueless right now, so, any tip will be a good tip right now :)

Hi and welcome on Expat.com SuzieBE!

I hope other members will give you some useful advices soon ;)

Regards
Armand

Hi Suize,

I am also new here too. We can have coffee sometime. Let me know where and when we can meet.

Hi Suzie,

Velkommen til Norge! I am also new here; my husband (who's Norwegian) and I moved here from Australia in May.

So far I've discovered lots of great, reasonably priced places to eat and lots of fantastic food shops stocking every possible spice, powder and sauce you might ever need. I really love  cooking, so this has been a huge, and very welcome, surprise.

Aside from that there's the amazing nature right on your doorstep, the fjord, the grilling in the park, the sun, the midsummer light...I think we moved here at just the right time!

I'd love to meet you for a coffee or a drink sometime. Let me know when suits.

Cheers,

Lessy

Hello Suzie,

I guess i can tell you Welcome to Norway now :)
Have in mind that Oslo is not like Paris, or like Bucharest (Paris2 as late president Ceausescu wanted to build). In area it is actually one of the biggest capitals in Europe, but only in area, but besides that the city is small.

My best advice to you is to begin from the center of the Oslo. Have no idea where you will be living, so i can't give any direction, but feel free to email me if you want to know more. I can also join you for a coffee if that would be of interest.

Some Main attraction in oslo:
- Vigelandsparken (famous for special sculptures)
- Munch museum
- The new Opera house

Well, i hope you will have a good start and you will enjoy your stay.

Kind regards
Catalin

hi everybody i,m about to leave mexico for a better life in norway but is almost nothing the info i got or what to do when a be there so i would really apreciate if u can give me not a guide but some kind of info about what to do or where to go when i get at the airport.
i,m 34 single and aeronautic engeneer and i,m good in sports like boxing n, fut-ball
i apreciate a lot any help