Furniture

Hello everyone I'm from the Uk 🇬🇧 and joined the forum only today.
I was just googling about where to shop and stumbled across it such a great idea. I do hope I there are social groups too? As it would be nice to meet up other people for social events or groups. My main issue is I would like to buy some bedroom furniture & flooring for a small 1 bedroom apartment in Budapest.
Please could anyone advise me if Ikea would be my best bet ? I would need whatever I purchased to be delivered and installed.
Looking forward to your replies

Hello and welcome to Hungary.
If you are after new furniture Ikea is prob your best try.
Ikea also do home delivery's and can arrange for the items to be built/installed but at a cost.
If you dont mind looking for good quality used furniture I can suggest a couple of good web sites, for you.
Jofogas.hu and also vatera.hu

Yes those are 2 good sites for used items.
I think they are all in Hungarian,maybe they have a English page?
There is also a store that has a smaller selection of items but their prices are a little less overall then Ikea is.
It's called, JYSK.
Only bought a few kitchen folding chairs there and a Ikea style chair for myself nothing fancy.
Our flat is furnished communist Hungary circa 1978 with a very iron pieces that my FIL made himself, funky, been here 12 years and still haven't really settled down.
Funny we looked around one of the museums here, think it was the national museum where they have different rooms with different eras of Hungarian culture.
In the communist room, there is a cabinet with pressed wood and varnish just matches our big cabinets like a set.
At least I can honestly say I have museum quality furniture!!

Oh' Marilyn l do hope we meet your so real and on my wave length I do like humour life is just to short and l like reading your reply's thank you so much for that information also another member has offered to help with the flooring too so that's a God in itself.
I have dyslexia so some of my words may get mixed up but I will try not to be lazy and re-read before actually posting xx